Any Google sheets boffins out there?

Google Sheets Query:

I have a Google Document with ten sheets (numbered Sheet 01 to Sheet 10)

I have an line of text (several columns wide) in each sheet I want to group in a new Sheet 11, lets call the line of text a SALE.

How can I write some code, in Sheet 11 that, will pick up each 'SALE' and from Sheet 01 - 10 and list them in that sheet?

B

Google Sheets Query:

I have a Google Document with ten sheets (numbered Sheet 01 to Sheet 10)

I have an line of text (several columns wide) in each sheet I want to group in a new Sheet 11, lets call the line of text a SALE.

How can I write some code, in Sheet 11 that, will pick up each 'SALE' and from Sheet 01 - 10 and list them in that sheet?

B

Can you create a dummy one with what you need and link it? Be easier that way.

Found it!---->

What if you want to make two entirely separate files talk to each other, referencing data back and forth between them?

To link Google Sheets, we'll need to learn about the IMPORTRANGE function. This is the best way to pull in data from separate files in Sheets and use that data inside the active sheet.

It helps to have both spreadsheets open while you're working with IMPORTRANGE so that you can easily check what cells need to be brought into your spreadsheet.

To get started with this function, let's type in =IMPORTRANGE. Next, grab the URL for the Sheet that you want to pull data from, and paste it in quotation marks in the first part of the function.

Next, you'll need to add the name of the sheet followed by an exclamation point. Then, specify the cells that you want to pull the data from.

B

QUERY:

How can I remove the word IRELAND from 300 lines on a Google sheet?

So, there is 300 addresses, but I want to omit the word IRELAND

Each Google sheet cell is laid out like the following:

Eg: Mr. Beaty, 15 Any Street, Any City, Ireland

I want to remove the 'Ireland' without doing it manually.

B

QUERY:

How can I remove the word IRELAND from 300 lines on a Google sheet?

So, there is 300 addresses, but I want to omit the word IRELAND

Each Google sheet cell is laid out like the following:

Eg: Mr. Beaty, 15 Any Street, Any City, Ireland

I want to remove the 'Ireland' without doing it manually.

B

Can you do a "Find and replace" but leaving the replace field blank? Or with a full stop in the worst case.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Sprints

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼