One

Banned
20 years open today.

Wheres does the time go

D6_WNSLWkAAYxOq.jpg

20 years open today.

Wheres does the time go

D6_WNSLWkAAYxOq.jpg

Great thread idea. Challanging build in that it is built through mud and had to be done in 2 havlves with massive cofferdams as can be seen in the pic above.

I have seen sketches of the bridge originally planned and it was a suspension type but the access ramps were massive to allow ships pass underneath.

When the tunnel opened i knew of cobh people working in ringaskiddy who would drive the long way around and through the tunnel rather than pay for the ferry.

I seriously wonder will it still be there in another 20 years?

I am not sure if many of you notice the little puddles at the lowest point of the tunnel even when it is a dry day and also these closed for maintenance occasions seem to be getting more regular.

I remember when to cross the city you had to drive in the Douglas road and across Patricks bridge
Young people don't realize how much we have developed in the last 50 years

I remember when to cross the city you had to drive in the Douglas road and across Patricks bridge
Young people don't realize how much we have developed in the last 50 years

Yup, remember driving through the northside headed east to avoid the traffic on the quays.

I seriously wonder will it still be there in another 20 years?

I am not sure if many of you notice the little puddles at the lowest point of the tunnel even when it is a dry day and also these closed for maintenance occasions seem to be getting more regular.

Its build through wet mud and designed to leak.

A massive blackout such what will happen at the Fall will cause the sump pumps to stop and it would completely flood over the space of a few weeks.

20 years? Fuckin hell.

I remember walking through it with my parents just before it opened. It turns out that my girlfriend now of 4 years walked through it with her parents on the same day, we may even have walked past each other. She'd only have been 5 at the time, and I was 9. Scary.

Can you just imagine if we didnt have it, Gridlock every day in the city
wayne in the plane would be on double time, the street fleet jeep girls would be
under savage pressure,

20 years? Fuckin hell.

I remember walking through it with my parents just before it opened. It turns out that my girlfriend now of 4 years walked through it with her parents on the same day, we may even have walked past each other. She'd only have been 5 at the time, and I was 9. Scary.

1236529559134.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼