River Lee Walk Closed

TarboxBob

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses following the discovery of a body on the River Lee Walk.

Gardaí are investigating the death of a man in his 40s at the ‘River Lee Walkway’ in Cork City. The body was discovered on the 22nd January 2019 at approximately 11.45am.

RIP. Could be a number of causes.

Fella on the Evening Echo Facebook blaming the government ffs.

That's a lovely walk but unless there are other people walking too it can feel very uneasy. The end up towards the skate park is a popular location for scumbags to drink cans and fight, a real pity.

RIP. Could be a number of causes.

Fella on the Evening Echo Facebook blaming the government ffs.

That's a lovely walk but unless there are other people walking too it can feel very uneasy. The end up towards the skate park is a popular location for scumbags to drink cans and fight, a real pity.

A lot of drug dealing activity between North Gate Bridge and Fitzgerald's Park, particularly concentrated from Vincent's Bridge to that new bridge by the skate park :-(

I walk it very regularly and you might see some winoes or lads fishing and gatting but generally they don't bother anyone and keep to themselves.

I take my small kids down there all the time and honestly the worst trouble ive had along there is a bit of dogshit.

RIP to the family of the person in question.

I walk it very regularly and you might see some winoes or lads fishing and gatting but generally they don't bother anyone and keep to themselves.

I take my small kids down there all the time and honestly the worst trouble ive had along there is a bit of dogshit.

RIP to the family of the person in question.

You're spot on there, there are often drinkers and young fellas but as intimated as I've sometimes felt, not one has as much as blinked at me.

Up across from the skating rink can be sketchy enough with undesirables but at least its open and you're close enough to the Western Road etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Shlomo Franklin
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼