Any Proccers headed for Ballyshannon?

Next weekend, music, booze and perhaps a little something to relax the body and mind as well 😃

Been threatening to make the pilgrimage for years, finally doing it.

How the auld lad will cope in a tent for the weekend is another story.

Done it plenty of times in the past. Can only highly recommend. Spring for the campsite with the showers and stuff, well worth it

That's the one we're in I believe, by the Gaa club.

Can't wait, serious line up outside of the usual tributes, holding its own as a blues rock festival.

Really looking forward to Eric steckl & band.

Be careful of the big bad bikers M8, they have cans of beer and other offensive materials ;)

Was up there in 2015 for the Gallagher Festival weekend, long spin, bleak spot in the rain, loads of dutch & german biker types, bottles barrels flagons cans kind of a job, some good acts in the marquee, sound locals, dodgy visitors, glorified piss up for bikers and their old dolls, wouldnt be in a hurry back. Spin up around Glenties, Killybegs, Ardara on the Saturday it's a beautiful county.

Many stabbed to death M8?

I think you should stick with the Tom Petty covers and Blue Grass M8, I don't think you get Rock & Roll ;)

https://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6211698&postcount=124

Always good for a bit of craic are the bikers! I get a fair bit of a wind up off them when I tell them about my 'beast' at home.

May even try my hand at one of the acoustic jams in the town during the day - see if the mood takes me and just fall in for a few bars.

I know people who bring their children to it, there is a GR8 buzz up there. It might have been a bit freaky for Officer Spoggem, bikers can sport a nark in the dark :D

Take the guitar out, show em what Cork is made of boi :)

I know people who bring their children to it, there is a GR8 buzz up there. It might have been a bit freaky for Officer Spoggem, bikers can sport a nark in the dark :D

Take the guitar out, show em what Cork is made of boi :)

Lmao, yeah, the campsite is half the buzz at these things...you'd spend the weekend chatting bollox to complete strangers/tent neighbours, swapping battle stories and having a great time of it.

Whatever about the main acts at night - I'm really looking forward to just kicking about the town during the day, checking out the pop-up performances around.

Even better that I get to share the first one with my dad - twas he introduced me Gallaghers music years and years ago, so a good weekend to spend together as well!

Maybe a road trip for a few proccers down the line?

Lmao, yeah, the campsite is half the buzz at these things...you'd spend the weekend chatting bollox to complete strangers/tent neighbours, swapping battle stories and having a great time of it.

Ya, that is one of the things I like about festivals. I'm murder (or at least was) for wandering around the tents joining in on sessions with people that, not only do I not know them but can't speak a word of their language.

Whatever about the main acts at night - I'm really looking forward to just kicking about the town during the day, checking out the pop-up performances around.

I see Wishbone Ash are playing this year, still, Sinnerboy would be my favorite of that lineup, check out Tony Dowler's Hellhounds if ya get the chance.

Even better that I get to share the first one with my dad - twas he introduced me Gallaghers music years and years ago, so a good weekend to spend together as well!

Maybe a road trip for a few proccers down the line?

Lol, it was quite the opposite for me, growing up Gallagher was considered trash jungle music and if my father was in the house, that sort of thing was not allowed. Classical and Jazz was all that was tolerated. Years later though, I brought him to a Sinnerboy gig, he fucking loved it. :lol!:

Ya, that is one of the things I like about festivals. I'm murder (or at least was) for wandering around the tents joining in on sessions with people that, not only do I not know them but can't speak a word of their language.

I see Wishbone Ash are playing this year, still, Sinnerboy would be my favorite of that lineup, check out Tony Dowler's Hellhounds if ya get the chance.

Lol, it was quite the opposite for me, growing up Gallagher was considered trash jungle music and if my father was in the house, that sort of thing was not allowed. Classical and Jazz was all that was tolerated. Years later though, I brought him to a Sinnerboy gig, he fucking loved it. :lol!:

Cant beat a bit of sinnerboy, Barry is doing a few acoustic bits as well so I'll be checking that out - same with Johnny gallagher of boxtie.

I happily go to things like this on my own, never short of people to chat with.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Chris McShane and Gary Lynch
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼