Carp dying in The Lough

SoundMan

and in some body of water down near Cobh as well. Apparently it's been happening over the last few days. Not seen anything about it here (apologies if there's a thread I missed)

Some of the dead carp they took from The Lough - over 450 fish killed there - are over 10Kg in weight each!!!

Hope they find out what's caused it

I was out the lough on monday saw plenty of dead fish, as of now nobody seems to know the cause, i remember
a few years ago people were warned not to feed bread to the birds as it harms them, for generations people
have fed bread to the birds and no harm, makes you wonder what is in the bread nowadays if it is deemed dangerous,

Someone dumped something there?

Wasn't there a suspicion last year that there was some chemical or other being dumped in the Atlantic pond?

White bread has no nutritional value for birds afaik and also when it is left in the water it causes a reaction that is detrimental to water quality?

Carp, like Japanese Knotweed, is an invasive non indigenous species that was introduced to Ireland in the 16th century as a game fish for anglers.

This is just nature fighting back: hence our indigenous species are unaffected

White bread has no nutritional value for birds afaik and also when it is left in the water it causes a reaction that is detrimental to water quality?

This incident has nothing to do with the build up of yeast from white bread which led to an outbreak of botulism amongst the bird population of The Lough some years back.

The Lough is a great resource but if it was left to its own devices it would be a swamp.

A natural, clean swamp.

Now that it’s being managed artificially it needs to be maintained correctly

A drunk was telling me once that the lough leads to the center of the earth, apparently druids were carving shit in stones when the rest of the world were still living in trees.
Longest 10 minutes ever.

Lads if its in Cob H as well how is it jumping from lake to lake?

I reckon there is something very fishy going on here.

Fishing is shit anyway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Danny Ryan, Ray Harrington and Guests

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼