Claire Byrne

My brother and his wife are having their son baptised in a month or so. They're both loud atheists and the whole family knows.

In the parlance of Game of Thrones, it will be a mummer's farce. The fuckin' priest probably knows. Lmao.

Of course he knows. They have no choice when it comes to schooling though.
End of the day the church gets their couple of hundred quid, or more importantly the Priest does and the world keeps turning.

Of course he knows. They have no choice when it comes to schooling though.
End of the day the church gets their couple of hundred quid, or more importantly the Priest does and the world keeps turning.

The biggest thing for the chuch is that its one more 'member' and proof that they are still going great guns here, when in reality many people are baptising kids purely to ensure that they can send them to school locally with their friends

its a fucking farce, and not actually a choice

If you had brains you'd have put their names dien on time.
Jesus have you no foresight or backbone mate
Why not move them if you're so upset?

If I could see into the future?

Unfortuantely my crystal ball doesn't work these days CollapseY, must be out of batteries

We don't live where we used to when they were born you fuckin dolt. Kids start school at 5, not 1, and guess what.. peoples situations/requirements change

As for moving them.. to where? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about - have you read any papers in that last 10 years or is it only Mick Barrys pamphlets?

If I could see into the future?

Unfortuantely my crystal ball doesn't work these days CollapseY, must be out of batteries

We don't live where we used to when they were born you fuckin dolt. Kids start school at 5, not 1, and guess what.. peoples situations/requirements change

As for moving them.. to where? You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about - have you read any papers in that last 10 years or is it only Mick Barrys pamphlets?

And you got married as well into a church you don't support ?except for the money you gave them?

I admire her integrity and strength as an inquisitive journalist. There's a touch of Vincent Browne off her.

A far cry from the absolute rubbish of the TV3 breakfast show she started out on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼