UK General Election thread

Don't think there's one of these already.

It's starting to look like a classic 'Two Bald Men fighting over a comb' election. No chance of an overall majority for anyone; the fun will start if the Tories are still the largest party but the only viable electoral arithmetic comes with a Labour-SNP agreement. The British are confused enough by the concept of coalition politics: the notion that the largest party wouldn't necessarily be in government will completely blow their minds.

What constituencies are UK-based Procfolk in? I'm in Gedling, where the local Labour MP will probably get re-elected with an increased majority. I suspect the local UKIP vote will increase as well.

I'm in Reading East. Rob Wilson, the local MP is a non-dissenting Tory. Doesn't seem like the worst chap, but rigidly toes the party line

Last time out, it was a bit of a landslide for the Tories:
2010 Result:
Conservative: 21269 (42.6%)
Labour: 12729 (25.5%)
Lib Dem: 13664 (27.3%)
Green: 1069 (2.1%)
UKIP: 1086 (2.2%)
Independent: 111 (0.2%)
Others: 57 (0.1%)
MAJORITY: 7605 (15.2%)

I'd be surprised if that changed much, besides from some of the vote transferring from the Lib Dems to Labour and UKIP picking up a few more votes.

If the Lib Dems can stay alive, then Labour-Lib Dem-SNP looks the most likely to me.

I fear a Conservative-UKIP coalition, especially if it needs the DUP to ensure a consistent majority. Horrible thought that.

I think the Tories do have a shot at a minority government, despite the polling evidence.

Still, looks like it could be fierce messy.

I'm in Reading East. Rob Wilson, the local MP is a non-dissenting Tory. Doesn't seem like the worst chap, but rigidly toes the party line

Last time out, it was a bit of a landslide for the Tories:
2010 Result:
Conservative: 21269 (42.6%)
Labour: 12729 (25.5%)
Lib Dem: 13664 (27.3%)
Green: 1069 (2.1%)
UKIP: 1086 (2.2%)
Independent: 111 (0.2%)
Others: 57 (0.1%)
MAJORITY: 7605 (15.2%)

I'd be surprised if that changed much, besides from some of the vote transferring from the Lib Dems to Labour and UKIP picking up a few more votes.

If the Lib Dems can stay alive, then Labour-Lib Dem-SNP looks the most likely to me.

I fear a Conservative-UKIP coalition, especially if it needs the DUP to ensure a consistent majority. Horrible thought that.

I think the Tories do have a shot at a minority government, despite the polling evidence.

Still, looks like it could be fierce messy.

don't think anyone would go into government with ukip would they?

UKIP will be lucky to return more than a single MP; they're not troubling the government benches any time soon.

Conservative/Lib Dem coalition, possibly with the DUP in tow, still the most likely outcome.

UKIP will be lucky to return more than a single MP; they're not troubling the government benches any time soon.

Conservative/Lib Dem coalition, possibly with the DUP in tow, still the most likely outcome.

I suspect they'll have 3 or 4. They'll hold onto the two they have, and might pick up another couple: not sure will Farage win his though.

But yeah, not the kingmakers they're being cracked up to be.

Any Scottish-based Procfolk? Is it going to be the SNP landslide everyone's predicting?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom (The Bear) O Mahony Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

13th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼