Bad Renting Experiences.

Following on from the Worst Flat In Cork? thread, most of us have rented/are renting, so what are your worst memories about doing so?.

For me the first flat I rented had rats in it, yes RATS, they used come in through the roof in the early hours of the morning, I would hear them scurrying about in the Kitchen and there was no door from the Kitchen up to my bedroom!!!. I nearly had a nervous breakdown in that god damn place.The building was also broken into while I was in bed, (I could hear them trying my door)and the flat over mine was ransacked.

Next flat had a drug addict living next door to me, and the building became infested with mice a couple of months after I moved in.

Flat number three had a very weird but harmless man living across from me and a dirty old man living downstairs from me.He would come out into the hall when he would hear me using the washing machine wearing only boxer shorts and would knock on my door saying he thought the landlord lived there.He also kept asking me to go into his flat to look at the TV, heating etc. etc. that wasn't working properly.

There are more but that's the first three anyway, so what are your worst experiences about renting?.

The board has gone very Taxi Driver lately.

4525428643_335x269.jpg

Rented a gaff down the mardyke called.chateau stinks of piss. Some dump. Ghostbusters curtains in the bathroom.

No shower, just one of those things you plug into the taps. Got nits from the bed. Was only 35 pounds a week though. Thought it would be pure handy being so close to town and college.

Think I lasted 3 Weeks there

Rented a flat in Rathmines in my student days--the adjoining flat was used as a brothel for a while until the Landlord found out. It was very educational but difficult to sleep some nights with all the banging!

Rented a gaff down the mardyke called.chateau stinks of piss. Some dump. Ghostbusters curtains in the bathroom.

No shower, just one of those things you plug into the taps. Got nits from the bed. Was only 35 pounds a week though. Thought it would be pure handy being so close to town and college.

Think I lasted 3 Weeks there

Matching Ghostbusters duvet cover too in the bedroom I take it.

Well, at least it was near the Mercy, handy for treating all the diseases you could have caught there.

I take it you are in this from the pics I've seen.

Rented a flat in Rathmines in my student days--the adjoining flat was used as a brothel for a while until the Landlord found out. It was very educational but difficult to sleep some nights with all the banging!

Lived in a flat in Mayfield that had a prostitute living upstairs, twas grand except we'd have men knocking on our door thinking that's where she lived.

Had another bad renting experience when I rented The Mummy Returns from Xtra Vision.

Not only was the film shit I missed closing time by 5 minutes and had to pay a €4 fine the next day

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼