New €1m traffic light system for the Skehard Road

Work on this started last week, along with the bank bailout and the E-voting machines, this has got to be up there in terms of the biggest waste of public money. Why destroy a perfectly good working roundabout that NEVER has any congestion?!?

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=205026&d=1337102456

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056640734
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250435

What a bunch of idiots, there is never ever any congestion problems there.There will be though when they're finished.Talk about throwing money away and creating traffic problems not helping them.

If a mind can boggle, mine is.
I use that roundabout a lot and i have NEVER seen traffic build up. It would be more in their line to do something with the traffic system at Mahon Point which is an absolute joke.

Reminds me of the fiasco on Tramore Road/ Togher road about 3 years ago. They repaced the roundabout with traffic lights, leading to mayhem and huge tailbacks. Under pressure, they put the lights on flashing red for about 6 months, and then they suddenly disappeared one night. The old roundabout is now back in place. A shameful waste of taxpayer's money. Just like the new cycle lanes in Douglas. Muppets, the lot of 'em.

Reminds me of the fiasco on Tramore Road/ Togher road about 3 years ago. They repaced the roundabout with traffic lights, leading to mayhem and huge tailbacks. Under pressure, they put the lights on flashing red for about 6 months, and then they suddenly disappeared one night. The old roundabout is now back in place. A shameful waste of taxpayer's money. Just like the new cycle lanes in Douglas. Muppets, the lot of 'em.

cycle lanes are also to be included on the new look Skehard Road.

Lads, from the look of that these works are more to do with the dangerous junction to the south of the existing roundabout, at the Drive end of Silverdale. Which is lethal to get out of TBH.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼