Electric Scooters

scooter wise you'd want a 125 rather than a 50cc - something not restricted to 30mph. these slow ones are supposed to be safer but having every car come up behind you try to overtake you is unnerving.

electric scooters would need a fair bit of research. the charge frequently doesn't hold as long as advertised.

cheers bah, will look into it

the electric one is a 50km/h jobbie

Watching Prime Times. Apparently those electric scooters are causing serious injuries. They go so fast and no-one wears any protective gear. No sympathy whatsoever as you'd want to be a major KNOB to be using one of them

Watching Prime Times. Apparently those electric scooters are causing serious injuries. They go so fast and no-one wears any protective gear. No sympathy whatsoever as you'd want to be a major KNOB to be using one of them

I think the rules around their use should be upgraded and enforced. Helmet and high-viz jacket wearing should be compulsory on those things, and there should be speed restrictions on them too. But with the 5 City thing coming in with congestion charges for cars I reckon there'll be a big increase in their use.

I think they are great to have - taking some pressure off transport system. There are some lunatics on them wo think they are immortal through. When the speed limiters are bypassed on them there was a model that yer mad was selling there on Primetime which could reach 120kmph. Insane.

I think they are great to have - taking some pressure off transport system. There are some lunatics on them wo think they are immortal through. When the speed limiters are bypassed on them there was a model that yer mad was selling there on Primetime which could reach 120kmph. Insane.
And not just the breakneck speeds but some of them think they're entitled to flouting the rules like cyclists. They seem to think that traffic lights don't really count for them and that footpaths are there for them when some streets are inconveniently one-way against them or too busy with traffic.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼