sunday game panel

anyone know what happened peter finnerty?was on it for years,and no sign of him this year,found him painful so l dont miss him

as for that moore guy also from galway,what a boring man.

like cyril tomas and sheedy on match day,henderson seems like a nice guy but only sees kilkenny.Flynn is twichy and kinda boring also.

the football guys seem to be more aggressive towards eachother,tony davis makes sense as does orourke.Mcstay just states the obvious,will leave mr brolly to my cork friends.

your views as the season comes to an end,who would be better than whats there at the moment.

ps pat spillane =legend

A majority of jokers. The hurlings ones are great to promote hurling though, the exact opposite to the football crowd.

There are still some good analysts out there and Tg4 seem to have grabbed most of them
O'Rourke, O'Grady, Allen and O'Cinnede are probably the best of whats out there overall.

If I was the Sunday game I'd do a serious cull and hire in Dirty Dara and someone like Diarmuid O'sullivan for next year. Sheedy is also pretty good and has authority in what he says. As for Tomas Mull, an absolute joker.

the TV3 hurling pundits are not too bad, most of the RTE crew sit on the fence most of the time, they need loughnane back

michael youghly is not going to be plaesed with a legeng like tomas been call a joker,

expect to receive his roth!and you of course will be told your not a true cork man etc.

now all we need is hurlings home.

michael youghly is not going to be plaesed with a legeng like tomas been call a joker,

expect to receive his roth!and you of course will be told your not a true cork man etc.

now all we need is hurlings home.

Not only is he a joker but he had no skill as a hurler. He had other attributes though. He was no Michael Webster, but he was no Declan Ryan either.

I had actually forgotten that Finnerty was a panalist on The Sunday Game. In all the time he was there I can not remember him ever saying anything remotely insightful or interesting.

To be honest between the live games on the Sunday and the highlights programme that night, Colm O'Rourke is the only one who I would actually make a point of listening to. He sometimes struggles to get a word in though with Spillane rambling on about how much better the game was back in his day and Brolly giggling and squirming away in the corner. Davis hasn't a clue really but is still better than Martin Carney. I actually don't mind McStay although I'd say I am a minority on that one.

Tohill is a big loss since his disappearance post the Galvin saga. Is he still alive? Maybe the Kerry lads will let him back on the show after they regain Sam? Dara O'Cinneide is good but hasn't featured much this year. Could be a better option in the presenters chair than Des Cahill although that wouldn't be hard really. Daragh O'Se was good on those end of year programmes so could be an option next year.

Hurling-wise, Farrell and Mulcahy are ok but getting a bit stale at this stage and Sheedy has settled in well. I am sure Paul Flynn must have said something interesting once upon a time but never when I have watched the show. Henderson is fond of giving it the poor-Kilkenny mouth, all this demure 'ah sure we might turn up anyway' shite when Kilkenny are playing a game. If you are expected to have a public opinion on a game, offer it or don't bother with the charade of providing analysis. I think Henderson was introduced to fill the Kilkenny quota which is fair enough. I accept it must have been extremely difficult for RTE to have to find a media-friendly personality from Kilkenny. They would nearly have been better off bringing in Tommy from Fair City.

Then there is Marty, but the less said there the better.

So yeah, just Colm O'Rourke really.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼