So who here trains with kettlebells....

And if not, then why not!

Seriously, I can't understand why every athlete in the country doesn't incorporate these into their training schedule. The workouts are short, and the benefits are insane - power, strength, speed, stamina, cardio - everything can be improved in quite a short time. Not to mention the benefits and strengthening of core muscles and posterior chain which are aspects that I have seen to be appaling in the athletes I've worked with - from underage up to inter-county.

Happy monday!

Absolutely, they're suitable for anybody, provided you're being shown how to use them properly of course.

I have men and women in my classes from mid to late teens to middle aged, from total fitness newbies to inter county hurlers. The big seller us that 20 to 30 minutes is all you need for a savage full body workout, no bullshit, no messing about. It's hard work, but the results sspeak for themselves!

Absolutely, they're suitable for anybody, provided you're being shown how to use them properly of course.

I have men and women in my classes from mid to late teens to middle aged, from total fitness newbies to inter county hurlers. The big seller us that 20 to 30 minutes is all you need for a savage full body workout, no bullshit, no messing about. It's hard work, but the results sspeak for themselves!

sounds good man

aside from the cash the time it takes for me to go to the gym is too much

Must try this

Saw an ad for one of these glasses in the gym over lunch today.

Interesting to hear how highly you rate this. Might well check it out.

And if not, then why not!

Seriously, I can't understand why every athlete in the country doesn't incorporate these into their training schedule. The workouts are short, and the benefits are insane - power, strength, speed, stamina, cardio - everything can be improved in quite a short time. Not to mention the benefits and strengthening of core muscles and posterior chain which are aspects that I have seen to be appaling in the athletes I've worked with - from underage up to inter-county.

Happy monday!

spot on b.

only started myself a few weeks ago.

they are just brilliant.the benefits to the musces targetted are as good as any weights, but like you said the benefits to the core muscles are enormous.

first day i used them i did 5 sets of squats while swinging the kettlebell over head on the upward movement.also 5 sets of lunges while swapping the bell under the legs at each lunge.

puffing and sweating after each set (particularly the squats, and i'm reasonably fit), and the next day i could feel my abs like i hadn't done in years.

i had to avoid laughing too much.;)

edit: btw,any good links to videos would be appreciated. found a few on you tube, but looking for more.

spot on b.
first day i used them i did 5 sets of squats while swinging the kettlebell over head on the upward movement.also 5 sets of lunges while swapping the bell under the legs at each lunge.

Sounds like a jerk?

I don't look to youtube a massive amount myself, but I have some sick metcons involving kettlebells, olympic rings, and some other bits....here's a nice 1 or 2 for you though - time yourself on both of these and try once a month or soo......

300 Workout
25 V-Ups
50 2-Arm Swings
25 Press Ups
50 Burpees
50 Snatch
50 Clean & Press
50 Mountain Climber

Stick to the same weight the whole way through - once you get under 12minutes, move up a weight! Killer.

Another one, a favourite of mine, and a variation of one of the crossfit workouts.....
21 Double KB Thruster / 21 Burpees
15 Double KB Thruster / 15 Burpees
9 Double KB Thruster / 9 Burpees

The thruster - start in rack position with kb in each arm. Do a front squat and as you come up to standing, press the kbs overhead.

I must actually start recording some of my own workouts and posting them on youtube. Have some great ones.

Main reason i don't use kettle bells in my routine is that I train in a home gym and I cannot get my hands on an adjustable kettle bell, which I can load with plates. I know they do exist I just haven't found one yet.

The only other option I have regards kettlebells is to buy a collection of different weights but this would prove too costly.

good idea b.

the exercise is the one she's doing at 0.24 secs, except i continue overhead.

That's just a regular swing.

What size bell are you using - the way they're doing it there doesn't really get the glutes/hams firing the way a hardstyle swing does. The bells they're using are quite small as well - I'm guessing either 4 or 8kg.

You should have a look on youtube at some hardstyle kettlebell techniques - generally, swing, clean, press, high pull and snatch. Much better for explosive power and strength.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼