Cork Footballers

We've got no chance. No team ever won an AI without a reliable free-taker or at least two forwards who are capable of kicking the ball over the bar from forty yards out or more.
We have neither.

James Masters can take the frees.Donnacha O'Connor and Daniel Goulding are fine forwards.We also have a fine supply of u21's.Cork football is at it's strongest period in 20 years cop on to yourself.

James Masters can take the frees.Donnacha O'Connor and Daniel Goulding are fine forwards.We also have a fine supply of u21's.Cork football is at it's strongest period in 20 years cop on to yourself.

Masters cannot score a '45. Against Kerry (in one of our semi-final maulings, I can't remember which one there's been so many) he failed to score from three of them.
Donnacha is not a reliable free-taker either.
Goulding might be a better option I grant you,if he's given the chance.

Last edited:
I saw an article in the examiner by dara o'cinneade praising the free taking skills of colm o'neill and David Goold.either are better than any freetakers on the senior panel.

I saw an article in the examiner by dara o'cinneade praising the free taking skills of colm o'neill and David Goold.either are better than any freetakers on the senior panel.

two years ago people were praising the free taking of Goulding in the under 21 final aswell.

That's what I'm saying. A few posts back, people were saying we didn't have a top class free taker. We do. Donnacha is hit and miss though.

Agreed.I'm just saying we need to add to Goulding with these u21s, as theyre way better freetakers than masters/o'connor (who are very poor freetakers by inter county standards).

The animals will be very strong this year but we made 3 great come-backs last year and they know that we have the beating of them now.

I didn't think much of Alan O Connor last year but he has come on a lot - he showed great mobility in the league final vs Monaghan.

Colm O Neill has to press for a place on the starting 15 - he is a class act. Ciaran Sheehan would be very close too but he's off to Oz (injury permitting)

Starting forward 6 could be:- P O Neill, Donnacha O Connor, Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill, M Cussen, James Masters ----- That would be a pretty strong line up - by far the best since we last won an AI.

I'd be very confident that we will do it this year or next - Another golden era for Cork Football is on the way.

The animals will be very strong this year but we made 3 great come-backs last year and they know that we have the beating of them now.

I didn't think much of Alan O Connor last year but he has come on a lot - he showed great mobility in the league final vs Monaghan.

Colm O Neill has to press for a place on the starting 15 - he is a class act. Ciaran Sheehan would be very close too but he's off to Oz (injury permitting)

Starting forward 6 could be:- P O Neill, Donnacha O Connor, Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill, M Cussen, James Masters ----- That would be a pretty strong line up - by far the best since we last won an AI.

I'd be very confident that we will do it this year or next - Another golden era for Cork Football is on the way.

I would have Pierce in midfield to drive dirty dara mental.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
All You Need Is Death (16)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

21st Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼