Cork Footballers

Tell that man that he is an inspiration.

His emergence has been the key for me in the resurgence of Cork football. And having a vice like grip on Dirty Dara just tops it off.

That man is going to expose dirty dara even more this year.It's also good to see that the up and coming players will have no fears of the animals.It all bodes well for the future.

Don't worry RR, he'll be fit for the match alright. Whether he's match fit is another thing though.

To the topic itself, my main worry is the keeper and the forwards. I was talking to a clubmate and a member of the extended panel the other night, he told me they have no real forwards coach, that counihan's philosophy is generally based around watertight defence (with the exception of the goalie, that shows). And you can see this in our forward play, which is full of honest endeavour but very scatty in its execution.

I think the management would do themselves no harm at all if they brought John Cleary on board as a forwards coach. Don't think it will happen though; as Cleary will probably be the next Cork manager and might be seen as something of a threat. Hope I'm wrong; we badly need more fluidity in our forward play.

Don't worry RR, he'll be fit for the match alright. Whether he's match fit is another thing though.

To the topic itself, my main worry is the keeper and the forwards. I was talking to a clubmate and a member of the extended panel the other night, he told me they have no real forwards coach, that counihan's philosophy is generally based around watertight defence (with the exception of the goalie, that shows). And you can see this in our forward play, which is full of honest endeavour but very scatty in its execution.

I think the management would do themselves no harm at all if they brought John Cleary on board as a forwards coach. Don't think it will happen though; as Cleary will probably be the next Cork manager and might be seen as something of a threat. Hope I'm wrong; we badly need more fluidity in our forward play.

My sentiments too.Since the 07 all ireland i have felt that Alan Quirke is a liability.

We've got no chance. No team ever won an AI without a reliable free-taker or at least two forwards who are capable of kicking the ball over the bar from forty yards out or more.
We have neither.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼