FF Cllr Christy O'Sullivan Resign Now!

Fianna Fail Cork County Councillor Christy O'Sullivan who inherited his father's seat (Never democratically elected) has the worst attendance record of all Cork County Councillors. According to today's Echo, the 25 year old Clonakilty based councillor has not turned up to 14 out of a total of 25 Cork County Council meetings held in 2008. He said this was because he was abroad travelling for six months.

That really is some achievement considering the Council also has lengthy holidays.

However, it has been rumoured that Christy O'Sullivan (FF) has been living in Australia for the past two years on and off. I wonder did he claim for travel expenses?

This is a total disgrace and he should be removed from Cork County Council immediately.

Fianna Fail Cork County Councillor Christy O'Sullivan who inherited his father's seat (Never democratically elected) has the worst attendance record of all Cork County Councillors. According to today's Echo, the 25 year old Clonakilty based councillor has not turned up to 14 out of a total of 25 Cork County Council meetings held in 2008. He said this was because he was abroad travelling for six months.

That really is some achievement considering the Council also has lengthy holidays.

However, it has been rumoured that Christy O'Sullivan (FF) has been living in Australia for the past two years on and off. I wonder did he claim for travel expenses?

This is a total disgrace and he should be removed from Cork County Council immediately.

Thats a joke. Since when could a council seat be inherited? He should be fired (not resign) and made repay the expenses. Now watch the FF brigade come to his defence...

There are no by-elections for council seats. When a councillor resigns or dies, the seat is filled by co-option.

In the case of party-affiliated councillors, the party nominates a replacement; in the case of independents, it goes to the candidate who did was left unelected at the end of the counting (i.e. whoever was 6th in a 5 seater).

There was already a problem with this as his father was elected as an independent, so by rights the seat should have gone to Cionnaith O Suilleabhain of Sinn Fein. However, because his father joined FF, they managed to nominate the replacement and they nominated his son.

I've heard the Australia stories about Cllr O'Sullivan before and alluded to them in another thread, without naming the councillor in question. I'm actually surprised that no offence has been committed considering it would be illegal to vote while working in Australia. Also, Cllr Peter Kelly of Fine Gael resigned so that he could do the same thing.

Hopefully, he will be resoundingly punished by the electorate of the Skibbereen LEA, however, I don't hold out much hope. If the opposing parties bring up the issue, they will be accused of personal attacks; if they don't most people won't know.

My prediction is that Christy Sr. will quit FF and run as an independent FFer next time out again. That along with his Drink Driving charge should be enough for him to top the poll in CSW.

Christy Jr could easily get back in in june because of his name, FF will be having a very bad day if the dynasty Pols start losing council seats.

There are no by-elections for council seats. When a councillor resigns or dies, the seat is filled by co-option.

In the case of party-affiliated councillors, the party nominates a replacement; in the case of independents, it goes to the candidate who did was left unelected at the end of the counting (i.e. whoever was 6th in a 5 seater).

There was already a problem with this as his father was elected as an independent, so by rights the seat should have gone to Cionnaith O Suilleabhain of Sinn Fein. However, because his father joined FF, they managed to nominate the replacement and they nominated his son.

I've heard the Australia stories about Cllr O'Sullivan before and alluded to them in another thread, without naming the councillor in question. I'm actually surprised that no offence has been committed considering it would be illegal to vote while working in Australia.
Also, Cllr Peter Kelly of Fine Gael resigned so that he could do the same thing.

Hopefully, he will be resoundingly punished by the electorate of the Skibbereen LEA, however, I don't hold out much hope. If the opposing parties bring up the issue, they will be accused of personal attacks; if they don't most people won't know.

Gawd that guy has some neck...living it up in Australia when he shud be representing the good people of west cork FFS this country really pisses me off at times!

In an ideal world, Christopher O'Sullivan aka Fianna Fail Cork County Councillor Christy O'Sullivan would be charged with a crime by the authorities.

I really think the Gardai and the Criminal Assets Bureau should keep a close eye on the activities of Fianna Fail and Fine Gael politicians in this country. And more importantly, not be afraid to take action against them when it is required.

I see all the sitting FF Councillors in Clonakilty have resigned from their party over Christy O'Sullivan trying to run his daughter in the locals. These family dynasties that plague Irish politics should be outlawed - along with the Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael parties!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼