New Metallica Album

Heres a few clips off the new Metallica album Death Magnetic out in Sept:
(let the lars-bashing begin! )

Liking the sound of the new stuff, lets hope it lives up to expectations!

My expectations for Metallica releasing anything decent is very very low at this stage. They are the Rolling Stones of metal. The shit music far outweighs the great stuff (imo), yet they are still mahoosive.[/Q

the shit outweighs the good?

You'd struggle to find a bad song on the 1st 5 albums IMO, after that opinion in general is probably equally divided as to whether the Load / Reload era was good or bad.
I think Load is a fantastic album, very underated.
Re Load is a little lacking in places but certainly not "shit" IMO.

There is only one album I cant listen to really and that is St. Anger.

Unless of course you are not an out and out Metallica fan - in which case you might not like a lot of the early stuff either?

After seeing Some Kinda Monster I couldn't possibly take anything they release seriously. Isn't the point of being in a band that you don't have to work in an office. These fellas make it and the first thing they do is hole themselves in their office.

Loved their first 3 albums, and some of the Black Album. Everything else is cowboy wank.

After seeing Some Kinda Monster I couldn't possibly take anything they release seriously. Isn't the point of being in a band that you don't have to work in an office. These fellas make it and the first thing they do is hole themselves in their office.

Nick Cave has an office and works 9-5 Mon-Fri when he's not touring. He even takes the requisite hour for lunch and he wears a suit.

FACT

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Simple Things

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼