The Official Golf Thread

are many people members of clubs here lads, i'm down in Skibb myself with the last 3 years,

Not a member at the moment but looking to join somewhere to get a handicap!! Playing off 16 at the moment and scoring high 30s consistently. Anyone know of a good deal at some club within a reasonable distance to the city so i could join. Living in Glanmire at the moment

yeah mate, you gotta hit the sticks to get a reasonable offer on a golf club, Bantry is very cheap to be honest for anyone around West Cork. how can you be playing off 16 if your not a member anywhere.

yeah mate, you gotta hit the sticks to get a reasonable offer on a golf club, Bantry is very cheap to be honest for anyone around West Cork. how can you be playing off 16 if your not a member anywhere.

When I started playing I put myself at 18. Last year I won a comp at work so I decided to now play off 16. Constantly hitting the high 30s. Got my best a few weeks ago 41pts. I am not a member of a club or anything but I just decided to play off it myself so it's not official.

When I started playing I put myself at 18. Last year I won a comp at work so I decided to now play off 16. Constantly hitting the high 30s. Got my best a few weeks ago 41pts. I am not a member of a club or anything but I just decided to play off it myself so it's not official.

do you play the same course all the time and if so which club do you play? if your playing alot then you should join somewhere. i hate tight asses that won't pay the money even though there probably spending more on Green Fees throughout the year. that's not a dig at you by the way. just in general i know alot of people like that.

Anyone know of a good deal at some club within a reasonable distance to the city so i could join. Living in Glanmire at the moment

Frankfield is only €400. Easy to get to even if its only for 9 holes some evening after work. I know its not a good course because of the hill but its afordable and you do get to practice plenty of shots from balls above and below your feet!!! Members up there a nice bunch as well.

do you play the same course all the time and if so which club do you play? if your playing alot then you should join somewhere. i hate tight asses that won't pay the money even though there probably spending more on Green Fees throughout the year. that's not a dig at you by the way. just in general i know alot of people like that.

I play about 5 - 6 different courses during the year. I get out only once a month. The reason I play different courses is because of the different challenge each course throws at you. I'm not too tight to pay membership. In fact I was asked to join Kanturk where my brother is a member but I would just rather play the different courses.

I play about 5 - 6 different courses during the year. I get out only once a month. The reason I play different courses is because of the different challenge each course throws at you. I'm not too tight to pay membership. In fact I was asked to join Kanturk where my brother is a member but I would just rather play the different courses.

if you just want to join different courses then you should look in to distance membership in slievenamon in clonmel only 180 euro for your gui handicap course is average but you only have to play it the three times to get your handicap.

once you have that your laughing for all the opens in the various courses around the county

if you just want to join different courses then you should look in to distance membership in slievenamon in clonmel only 180 euro for your gui handicap course is average but you only have to play it the three times to get your handicap.

once you have that your laughing for all the opens in the various courses around the county

Yup the oul fella is sick of throwing that idea my way. Just havent got around to getting up there yet.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼