tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 14-02-2007, 11:52 AM
doing it doing it is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 126
Default

Park Park wherever you maybe,
you eat dogs in your home country,
could be worse ya could be scouse eating rats in your council house!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Roman Abramovich Roman Abramovich is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Deepest depths of frozen Siberia
Posts: 9,655
Default

Manchester United are among clubs to be following Robinho's struggles at Real Madrid.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a big fan of the Brazil international winger and considered moving for the youngster while he was still with Santos over two years ago.

Robinho has been frozen out at Real this season under coach Fabio Capello and admitted yesterday that he may be forced to leave should the Italian continue next term.

Gazzetta dello Sport says United and AC Milan have already made contact with intermediaries over Robinho's availability and know the wing wizard can be signed for £17 million.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
read the whole thread then come back to me and tell me who's the 'daw' (WTF is a daw anyway?) actually don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14-02-2007, 01:11 PM
RonnyB RonnyB is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doing it View Post
Park Park wherever you maybe,
you eat dogs in your home country,
could be worse ya could be scouse eating rats in your council house!!!
He shoot, he scores
He'll eat your labrador!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Philby Philby is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 20,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
Arsenal could not keep Nicolas Anelka in 1999, when he was on £12,500 a week.

It now looks as if Manchester United cannot keep Cristiano Ronaldo, who is on £50,000 a week.

We're told that Barcelona have offered £40 million for him.

Ronaldo, like Anelka at the same stage, is a boy. And, like Anelka, he is a mercenary.

His story is short but interesting. In 2003 Cristiano Ronaldo, 18, was signed from Sporting Lisbon for £12 million. In 2005 he was Manchester United's lowest-paid player on £14,000 a week, so they gave him a new contract on £50,000 a week till 2010.

There had been talk of him going to Chelsea but Sir Alex said, " He has three years left on his contract and we are only doing what we do in these situations. He is happy here. He has been fantastic. The courage he has to get the ball all the time, the confidence in his ability is terrific. He's done well, the lad."

In 2006-2007, Ronaldo has raised his game and scored 15 league goals before February. So, twice in a four year period, the winger has outperformed his contract, given his team more than they expected, more than they had paid for. If Manchester United are champions, Cristiano Ronaldo will be the Footballer of the Year.

He was 22 last week and now Spain is calling.

United have offered to double his wages to £100,000 a week. That is over £4 million a year but he allegedly wants £8 million a year. His agent's argument is : If he's the best player in the world, he deserves to be paid as the best player in the world.

Ronaldo recently said: “I don’t know where I will be in the space of the next six months. For the moment, I’m only thinking about training well every day.”

If they give him £8 million a year for four years it's £32 million and Manchester United can afford to pay him that.
So the £32 million is not the problem.

Their problem is : Should they turn down £40 million ? If Ronaldo doesn't want to play for United, why turn down £40 million?

Because Manchester United do not sell their best players !!!! And because Sir Alex and his assistant Carlos Queiroz probably think the boy would not be as good elsewhere, away from their management. With the help of the Scot and his Portuguese assistant, Ronaldo has improved beyond recognition since he arrived as a skinny winger. He is now a thirteen stone gladiator with a never-say-die attitude.

At last week's Brazil-Portugal game, his agent Jorge Mendes and Txiki Begiristain, Barcelona's director of football, sat together at the Emirates Stadium and watched Ronaldo outshine Kaka of AC Milan, Fred of Lyon and Elano of Udinese

It was said they are old friends, that three of Mendes's players are at Barca, and they didn't talk about a transfer deal this summer. Yeah, right !

When Ronaldo is hot, he is a one-man army. He can win the ball, sprint into spaces, dribble at high speed, lift crowds, scare opponents, earn free-kicks, and score goals

Could you have Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo in the same team? Depends who is coaching Barcelona. Frank Rijkaard might go in the summer, and Ronaldinho might go too.

Last Saturday, after starring for Portugal in that 2-0 win over Brazil, Ronaldo didn't play for United against Charlton. He was injured.

And in his absence Wayne Rooney had a blinder. That is no coincidence. Rooney looked very good because Ronaldo wasn't there.

Frankly, those two don't combine that much.

But when the time comes they will. When the Champions League comes, and United play top teams, Rooney and Ronaldo will both care intensely about winning the European Cup, and they will combine. They will need each other, so they'll pass to each other, play for each other.

At the moment, for them, beating average Premiership teams is too easy. United are coasting. They need to be challenged. And in March and April they will be challenged.

Obviously, United fans would like Ronaldo to stay and help them win five titles, like Cantona.

But every star player is different and circumstances vary so much that it's hard to compare. Ronaldo is at the beginning of his career, whereas Cantona was 26 when he came from Leeds in November 1992, after burning all his bridges in France. Old Trafford was Cantona's stage, but Ronaldo is still young enough to believe that the world is his stage.

When Cantona left United, he finished playing football, retiring in May, 1997, a week short of his 31st birthday. I thought it was a stunt, a tantrum, but it wasn't. He had gone.Today Cristiano Ronaldo is a different animal in a different era. He will never be a Manchester United legend because he won't be there long enough.

We think of a mercenary as someone with specialised skills who parachutes in at night, does a difficult job for big wages, then leaves. Is CR a typical mercenary? Can he pick up his tools and passport move on, and do the same job anywhere? We don't know yet. All we know is that he's a boy who wants to train and play with the sun on his back. A Latin boy from the island of Madeira, he thinks he'd be happier in a Latin country living a Latin lifestyle.

In time, Ronaldo might find the authority that Anelka demonstrates for Bolton now. When Anelka was at Arsenal he was a bit like Ronaldo is now, a flashy player, a meteorite who lights up the night sky, but he has matured, so he plays with composure and focus, as if determined to make the most of the seasons he has left. He was a boy-footballer but now he's a man and he's motivated to show Arsene Wenger he is still a world class striker, despite having made the mistake of leaving Arsenal too soon.
Are you going to quote your source or claim this as your own?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Roman Abramovich Roman Abramovich is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Deepest depths of frozen Siberia
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
Are you going to quote your source or claim this as your own?
i never post links. why post a link when you post the article...
does it even give the impression its mine?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
read the whole thread then come back to me and tell me who's the 'daw' (WTF is a daw anyway?) actually don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Roman Abramovich Roman Abramovich is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Deepest depths of frozen Siberia
Posts: 9,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
Manchester United are among clubs to be following Robinho's struggles at Real Madrid.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a big fan of the Brazil international winger and considered moving for the youngster while he was still with Santos over two years ago.

Robinho has been frozen out at Real this season under coach Fabio Capello and admitted yesterday that he may be forced to leave should the Italian continue next term.

Gazzetta dello Sport says United and AC Milan have already made contact with intermediaries over Robinho's availability and know the wing wizard can be signed for £17 million.
im pretty sure i didnt write this philby....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
read the whole thread then come back to me and tell me who's the 'daw' (WTF is a daw anyway?) actually don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Rebelred Rebelred is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 39,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
i never post links. why post a link when you post the article...
does it even give the impression its mine?
to be honest, nah. but it is a good article all the same.

United V Reading is live on the Beeb this saturday
__________________
Rogby Football explained
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-02-2007, 03:31 PM
dirty-trucker dirty-trucker is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In Me Truck
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
to be honest, nah. but it is a good article all the same.

United V Reading is live on the Beeb this saturday
i think its a very good article.
philby must be rattled at the toughts of a one club one thread rule which would go a long way to tiding the board up.....

badly rattled.

its true though on the article. ronaldo in my opinion will go back to being a total cunt in my eyes regardless of what hes done this season if he holds utd to ransom.

rio turned a leaf in his book by signing the contract and hasnt looked back. this cunt will whittle away to nothing if he puts a gun to the clubs head. if i was fergie id sell him for 40m. youd make the team stronger if you sold him and had 40m to spend.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-02-2007, 03:37 PM
RonnyB RonnyB is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty-trucker View Post
i think its a very good article.
philby must be rattled at the toughts of a one club one thread rule which would go a long way to tiding the board up.....

badly rattled.

its true though on the article. ronaldo in my opinion will go back to being a total cunt in my eyes regardless of what hes done this season if he holds utd to ransom.

rio turned a leaf in his book by signing the contract and hasnt looked back. this cunt will whittle away to nothing if he puts a gun to the clubs head. if i was fergie id sell him for 40m. youd make the team stronger if you sold him and had 40m to spend.

Difference with Rio is that he was English and nearing what is regarded as his peak, Ronaldo is only 22 and living in a country which is much different in terms of weather and the football season he had been used to (i.e. no mid season break). There is no way he'll see out his career at United but I'd like to think the club could keep onto him til he's 25/26 then potentially sell him for more IF he lives up to his talent.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-02-2007, 04:07 PM
STEVIEG STEVIEG is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 42,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
Arsenal could not keep Nicolas Anelka in 1999, when he was on £12,500 a week.

It now looks as if Manchester United cannot keep Cristiano Ronaldo, who is on £50,000 a week.

We're told that Barcelona have offered £40 million for him.

Ronaldo, like Anelka at the same stage, is a boy. And, like Anelka, he is a mercenary.

His story is short but interesting. In 2003 Cristiano Ronaldo, 18, was signed from Sporting Lisbon for £12 million. In 2005 he was Manchester United's lowest-paid player on £14,000 a week, so they gave him a new contract on £50,000 a week till 2010.

There had been talk of him going to Chelsea but Sir Alex said, " He has three years left on his contract and we are only doing what we do in these situations. He is happy here. He has been fantastic. The courage he has to get the ball all the time, the confidence in his ability is terrific. He's done well, the lad."

In 2006-2007, Ronaldo has raised his game and scored 15 league goals before February. So, twice in a four year period, the winger has outperformed his contract, given his team more than they expected, more than they had paid for. If Manchester United are champions, Cristiano Ronaldo will be the Footballer of the Year.

He was 22 last week and now Spain is calling.

United have offered to double his wages to £100,000 a week. That is over £4 million a year but he allegedly wants £8 million a year. His agent's argument is : If he's the best player in the world, he deserves to be paid as the best player in the world.

Ronaldo recently said: “I don’t know where I will be in the space of the next six months. For the moment, I’m only thinking about training well every day.”

If they give him £8 million a year for four years it's £32 million and Manchester United can afford to pay him that.
So the £32 million is not the problem.

Their problem is : Should they turn down £40 million ? If Ronaldo doesn't want to play for United, why turn down £40 million?

Because Manchester United do not sell their best players !!!! And because Sir Alex and his assistant Carlos Queiroz probably think the boy would not be as good elsewhere, away from their management. With the help of the Scot and his Portuguese assistant, Ronaldo has improved beyond recognition since he arrived as a skinny winger. He is now a thirteen stone gladiator with a never-say-die attitude.

At last week's Brazil-Portugal game, his agent Jorge Mendes and Txiki Begiristain, Barcelona's director of football, sat together at the Emirates Stadium and watched Ronaldo outshine Kaka of AC Milan, Fred of Lyon and Elano of Udinese

It was said they are old friends, that three of Mendes's players are at Barca, and they didn't talk about a transfer deal this summer. Yeah, right !

When Ronaldo is hot, he is a one-man army. He can win the ball, sprint into spaces, dribble at high speed, lift crowds, scare opponents, earn free-kicks, and score goals

Could you have Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo in the same team? Depends who is coaching Barcelona. Frank Rijkaard might go in the summer, and Ronaldinho might go too.

Last Saturday, after starring for Portugal in that 2-0 win over Brazil, Ronaldo didn't play for United against Charlton. He was injured.

And in his absence Wayne Rooney had a blinder. That is no coincidence. Rooney looked very good because Ronaldo wasn't there.

Frankly, those two don't combine that much.

But when the time comes they will. When the Champions League comes, and United play top teams, Rooney and Ronaldo will both care intensely about winning the European Cup, and they will combine. They will need each other, so they'll pass to each other, play for each other.

At the moment, for them, beating average Premiership teams is too easy. United are coasting. They need to be challenged. And in March and April they will be challenged.

Obviously, United fans would like Ronaldo to stay and help them win five titles, like Cantona.

But every star player is different and circumstances vary so much that it's hard to compare. Ronaldo is at the beginning of his career, whereas Cantona was 26 when he came from Leeds in November 1992, after burning all his bridges in France. Old Trafford was Cantona's stage, but Ronaldo is still young enough to believe that the world is his stage.

When Cantona left United, he finished playing football, retiring in May, 1997, a week short of his 31st birthday. I thought it was a stunt, a tantrum, but it wasn't. He had gone.Today Cristiano Ronaldo is a different animal in a different era. He will never be a Manchester United legend because he won't be there long enough.

We think of a mercenary as someone with specialised skills who parachutes in at night, does a difficult job for big wages, then leaves. Is CR a typical mercenary? Can he pick up his tools and passport move on, and do the same job anywhere? We don't know yet. All we know is that he's a boy who wants to train and play with the sun on his back. A Latin boy from the island of Madeira, he thinks he'd be happier in a Latin country living a Latin lifestyle.

In time, Ronaldo might find the authority that Anelka demonstrates for Bolton now. When Anelka was at Arsenal he was a bit like Ronaldo is now, a flashy player, a meteorite who lights up the night sky, but he has matured, so he plays with composure and focus, as if determined to make the most of the seasons he has left. He was a boy-footballer but now he's a man and he's motivated to show Arsene Wenger he is still a world class striker, despite having made the mistake of leaving Arsenal too soon.

A lot of it is pure speculation but if he wants to go, sell him for a fortune
Simple as

Last summer was a bit different has he would have had a reason to go (Engerlund press witch hunt etc)

He nows knows he is loved at United

Would Barcelonas and Madrids current unrest prove more attractive?

I dunno but i wouldn't be at all suprised if he stayed at United

A lot of the held to ransom stuff has been simply made up
__________________
Free mixes downloads
http://djstevieg.podomatic.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.