User Name
Password

Old 21-04-2006, 06:03 PM

Default The Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/22863

Quote:
Smashing Pumpkins get to work on new album

The reformed rockers are officially back

The newly reformed Smashing Pumpkins have begun work on a new album.

The band are currently writing the follow-up to 2000's 'MACHINA/The Machines Of God', and will begin recording shortly.

A statement on the band's website reads: "It's official, the Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. No release date has been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer."

Singer Billy Corgan had made no secret of the fact he wants to reform his old. Last year on his webpage, he hinted reformation plans were coming along.

"The surprise I have in store for you all will be announced soon enough," he said. "Hold on to your horses. After all, good things surely come to those who wait....Don't you just love the suspense?"

Corgan remains friends with former Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlain, and is also in contact with the band's second bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur, having collaborated with her on her forthcoming second solo album. There is still no confirmation as to what line-up of the band Corgan has got together.

The first rumours of the band reforming came when the singer took out an advert in the local Chicago Tribune newspaper where he said "his heart" remains with his old band.

He wrote: "When I played the final Smashing Pumpkins show on the night of December 2, 2000, I walked off the stage believing that I was forever leaving a piece of my life behind. I naively tried to start a new band, but found that my heart wasn't in it. I moved away to pursue a love that I once had but got lost. So I moved back home to heal what was broken in me, and to my surprise I found what I was looking or. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in the Smashing Pumpkins.

"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive the Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again."
Old 21-04-2006, 07:43 PM

SWEET!It would be well cool if James Iha was involved but I seriously doubt it.
Old 21-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZZZ
SWEET!It would be well cool if James Iha was involved but I seriously doubt it.
it aint the pumpkins without iha if ya ask me. billy should give up the ghost, the machina albums had some tripe on 'em and his solo stuff was pretty gash.
hope he dont tarnish the name, maybe he wont, but im not gonna hold my breath. i have teenage memories to keep intact.
Old 21-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Banned

I doubt James Iha will be involved. There was too much baggage involved in it. Billy's solo work and that with Zwan flopped and Melissa other than her work with Hole didnt do that great either. I shall chose to remember the pumpkins as they once were during their Gish and Mellon Collie days
Old 21-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftydog
I shall chose to remember the pumpkins as they once were during their Gish and Mellon Collie days
with ya on that. sure at the final pumpkins gig iha left at the end without saying a word to the any of the others. and he always seemed like such a jovial young chap...
Old 21-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar Fugitive
with ya on that. sure at the final pumpkins gig iha left at the end without saying a word to the any of the others. and he always seemed like such a jovial young chap...
Mind you he was fairly badly on the junk at that stage as well. It pre-empted his departure and the break up of the band. That and the ever expanding ego of Billy
Old 21-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftydog
Mind you he was fairly badly on the junk at that stage as well. It pre-empted his departure and the break up of the band. That and the ever expanding ego of Billy
didnt know that. first darcy with the crack, then that. though billy corgan would make anyone take junk if ya had to hang round with him long enough
Old 26-01-2007, 09:00 PM

The Pumpkins will play Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festivals, taking place in Nuremburg on June 2 at Nürburgring and June 3 at Zeppelinfeld, respectively.

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 26-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

any word on who's in this version?
Old 26-01-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar Fugitive View Post
any word on who's in this version?

here's the full spiel:

Smashing Pumpkins Announce First Reunion Shows

Last month, we told you that the Smashing Pumpkins were slated to play "some European festivals" in the summer of 2007. Well, they've finally announced exactly where and when fans can, for the first time in over six years, catch the band live.

The Pumpkins will play Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festivals, taking place in Nuremburg on June 2 at Nürburgring and June 3 at Zeppelinfeld, respectively.

They're sharing rosters with the likes of Linkin Park, Korn, Evanescence, Dave Matthews Band, Slayer, and My Chemical Romance. Muse, the Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, the Kooks, Wolfmother, and Mando Diao are lined up to perform as well.

Who, exactly, is in Smashing Pumpkins? We still don't know.

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/