Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanger View Post
Selling Pirlo to Juventus for no good reason kind of sent on the wrong trajectory and Juve on the correct one.
“I had had some problems with Allegri because I had been injured for four months. When I returned to action the team was going well and it was difficult for him to change system. We won the league that year but my contract was expiring and I wanted to change after ten years.”

“I knew and I wanted to prove I was still a top player, I needed something else.”

“I knew Juventus wanted to return to the top of Italian and European football. They had a new stadium and a great, motivated board. Juventus was the best choice for me.”

Pirlo
Old 09-03-2018, 03:46 AM

Location: Sitting in my underpants eating Meanies watching Jerry Springer repeats

Good thread, but sad to see Milan in such a state. They're a great club.

I loved the Milan side in the mid 00s - Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko, Super Pippo, Crespo etc.

I watched them last night and was only familiar with Bonucci, Montolivo (an unused sub) and that useless Kalinic.

Sad to see.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:14 AM

Were they not in Serie B in the early 1980’s
Old 09-03-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey bulger View Post
Were they not in Serie B in the early 1980’s
I think they may have been demoted because of match fixing back then. The Milan defence in the late 80's, early 90's of Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti and Costacurta is the greatest back 4 of all time in my opinion.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:52 AM

AC played so badly last night that Cork City would have put 5 past them.

Such a shame. They were once a force to be reckoned with.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Sterling View Post
I think they may have been demoted because of match fixing back then. The Milan defence in the late 80's, early 90's of Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti and Costacurta is the greatest back 4 of all time in my opinion.
you can sing that my friend. The longevity of them as well, those lads only hit their peak when other players were fading away at the same age.

The Chinese fella has borrowed over half a billion to buy them and finance last summers splurge and allegedly doesn't have a pot to piss in. Big concerns about what will happen again in the summer. A pity as Gattuso has steadied the ship from the early season form.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
he's the Italian Roy Keane, the no nonsense pit-bull type that is hard to take seriously

that bit's an all time classic, Gennaro in a nutshell

Old 09-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Senior PROC Member

A joy when I was younger watching that Milan team on a Sunday in the late 80's / 90's . Good memories

Old 09-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
he's the Italian Roy Keane, the no nonsense pit-bull type that is hard to take seriously

that bit's an all time classic, Gennaro in a nutshell

Yeah pretty much . Remember him at Rangers before AC . Exactly the type of player they needed back then . Someone to stir the shit .
Old 09-03-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Billy Davies View Post
Good thread, but sad to see Milan in such a state. They're a great club.

I loved the Milan side in the mid 00s - Cafu, Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko, Super Pippo, Crespo etc.

I watched them last night and was only familiar with Bonucci, Montolivo (an unused sub) and that useless Kalinic.

Sad to see.

Fine team but not a patch on the Milan team from 88-92 rossi Baresi Maldini costacurta boban donadoni gullit rkyard van basten albertini. Saviesavic..fuck whqt a team...i loved boban...