Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2018, 03:57 PM

Default Panel Beater - Urgent Immediate Start

I reckon the above advert will be popular from Monday on !

The amount of crashed or dented cars around is unreal. The Insurance Companies will have a big issue now sorting out the credible owners cases as to why they were out driving on certain dates and times especially if it was during the various official weather alerts. Most people took the warnings but there will always be the driving experts among us!

I'd pity anyone who has a bash and has a PCP car scheme, you will be on an ending to nothing with all the conditions!

Best of Luck !
Old 04-03-2018, 04:44 PM

And the rest of us chumps who heeded the advice not to drive will pay the price in the form of increased premiums.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr637 View Post

I reckon the above advert will be popular from Monday on !

The amount of crashed or dented cars around is unreal. The Insurance Companies will have a big issue now sorting out the credible owners cases as to why they were out driving on certain dates and times especially if it was during the various official weather alerts. Most people took the warnings but there will always be the driving experts among us!

I'd pity anyone who has a bash and has a PCP car scheme, you will be on an ending to nothing with all the conditions!

Best of Luck !
Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Old 04-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Corkman View Post
And the rest of us chumps who heeded the advice not to drive will pay the price in the form of increased premiums.
Today was my first time using the car since last Tuesday, it's manageable to do without a car for a few days if you're living in the city if you have legs and are willing to use them.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Today was my first time using the car since last Tuesday, it's manageable to do without a car for a few days if you're living in the city if you have legs and are willing to use them.
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

Did you start your car each day?

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
The cat?
Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

We have two cars so I started them both on alternate days.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:

How long is your drive? Did you pull the choke out?
Old 05-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Default New Shaped Cars

Noticing a lot of new shaped cars in traffic today, some lovely new shapes added to peoples cars. The beast from the east has caused an amount of new designs to cars that most people didn't actually expect to have!