Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2018, 03:57 PM
nr637 nr637 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,992
Default Panel Beater - Urgent Immediate Start



I reckon the above advert will be popular from Monday on !



The amount of crashed or dented cars around is unreal. The Insurance Companies will have a big issue now sorting out the credible owners cases as to why they were out driving on certain dates and times especially if it was during the various official weather alerts. Most people took the warnings but there will always be the driving experts among us!

I'd pity anyone who has a bash and has a PCP car scheme, you will be on an ending to nothing with all the conditions!

Best of Luck !
__________________
Iwasthere
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Sham Corkman Sham Corkman is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out on me ear
Posts: 623
Default

And the rest of us chumps who heeded the advice not to drive will pay the price in the form of increased premiums.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Drucker Drucker is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 8,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr637 View Post

I reckon the above advert will be popular from Monday on !



The amount of crashed or dented cars around is unreal. The Insurance Companies will have a big issue now sorting out the credible owners cases as to why they were out driving on certain dates and times especially if it was during the various official weather alerts. Most people took the warnings but there will always be the driving experts among us!

I'd pity anyone who has a bash and has a PCP car scheme, you will be on an ending to nothing with all the conditions!

Best of Luck !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 PM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19,159
Default

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Corkman View Post
And the rest of us chumps who heeded the advice not to drive will pay the price in the form of increased premiums.
Today was my first time using the car since last Tuesday, it's manageable to do without a car for a few days if you're living in the city if you have legs and are willing to use them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Smaug Smaug is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Today was my first time using the car since last Tuesday, it's manageable to do without a car for a few days if you're living in the city if you have legs and are willing to use them.
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

Did you start your car each day?

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
...aye, Smaug is fussy about the kind of jigsaw he makes....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Tictac Tictac is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

Did you start your car each day?

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
The cat?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Roxetten Roxetten is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

Did you start your car each day?

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
We have two cars so I started them both on alternate days.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:26 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Haven't used mine since Tuesday, started it today, was a little worried it wouldn't start after being idol for so long and drove it up and down the drive for a few minutes.

Did you start your car each day?

I was reading the manual on my yoke and it said not to start it if I wasn't moving it because the cat would get damaged.

The instructions for starting in sub zero conditions were to turn the ignition to the second position and keep it there for 30 seconds until the fuel pump warmed up, then start her up, worked a treat.
How long is your drive? Did you pull the choke out?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-03-2018, 10:35 AM
nr637 nr637 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,992
Default New Shaped Cars

Noticing a lot of new shaped cars in traffic today, some lovely new shapes added to peoples cars. The beast from the east has caused an amount of new designs to cars that most people didn't actually expect to have!

__________________
Iwasthere
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.