Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
She has retired from foreign trips probably so it ill be her daft son Charles?

Anything to foster good neighbourly relationships only has to be a good thing in my opinion.

I mean you do want to coax the Unionists up North into a United Ireland right?

Setting fire to wheelie bins on Parnell St and having Republican nutters like Eirigi (Stand-up) having a sit down protest was just hilarious.
Yes I have posted numerous times about how we need to have an active policy of persuasion on unity, a white Paper but then that is unlikely to happen in the near future. I have posted what a settlement might look like including a new flag, new national holidays, new national languages, retention of passports etc etc and I do think that day will come.

Do you think her popping in for a jaunt around the English market does any coaxing? It does not. It copperfastens the status quo in the minds of unionism.

As I said I get I am in a minority and have to suck it up, it is what it is.
I was just answering the question posed in the thread.
If she wants to deliver a Queen's speech that enables the reintegration of the national territory, then she can visit all she likes, just like Angela or Macron or any other head of state.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
And people say we should move on as a nation
We should. As a 32 county nation
Old 06-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Happens for al visiting heads of states etc.

As some old timer said down in Crosshaven back in 2011 with a British destroyer off Cork harbour flying the union jack at its stern "the good times are back again"

Winding the shinner scuts up something terrible.
Way back, when John Dennehy was Lord Mayor, some person from the ANC was given a civic reception at city hall. In the lead-up, nobody could find a South African flag for the city hall dome. Dennehy got a Glen Rovers flag and flew it . Nobody noticed the difference, not even the Na Piarsaigh members of the corporation.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Yes I have posted numerous times about how we need to have an active policy of persuasion on unity, a white Paper but then that is unlikely to happen in the near future. I have posted what a settlement might look like including a new flag, new national holidays, new national languages, retention of passports etc etc and I do think that day will come.

Do you think her popping in for a jaunt around the English market does any coaxing? It does not. It copper fastens the status quo in the minds of unionism.

As I said I get I am in a minority and have to suck it up, it is what it is.
I was just answering the question posed in the thread.
If she wants to deliver a Queen's speech that enables the reintegration of the national territory, then she can visit all she likes, just like Angela or Macron or any other head of state.
Her last visit was a huge diplomatic success and even from a tourism point of view for Ireland and Cork phenomenal as well as a simple example to unionists "Well if her majesty like the Republic and has a nice time how bad can it be"? (Bitter Norn Iron accent)

To persuade people you firstly have to respect their traditions including head of state who over 1 million people are clearly loyal to and will probably remain loyal to post any Unification scenario.

However your negative attitude as well as Sinn Fein / Republicanism attitude only cements my view that unification is generations away if at all as this is Ireland where the dead hold back the living and the past strangles any future.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiepurg View Post
Way back, when John Dennehy was Lord Mayor, some person from the ANC was given a civic reception at city hall. In the lead-up, nobody could find a South African flag for the city hall dome. Dennehy got a Glen Rovers flag and flew it . Nobody noticed the difference, not even the Na Piarsaigh members of the corporation.
Diplomatic incident avoided by quick thinking
Old 06-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
You just have to laugh at the Shinners.

They are all for inclusion in some future United Ireland paradise and talk about equality and parity of esteem etc but an invite for the neighbouring head of state to visit us and they go bananas.
Who's gone bananas about it? If she's over to pay respect to our republican fallen again I'm in favour of it. Mightn't go down too well with the DUP and their pals here mind, what with Lizzie speaking the cupla focail an all
Old 06-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Who's gone bananas about it? If she's over to pay respect to our republican fallen again I'm in favour of it. Mightn't go down too well with the DUP and their pals here mind, what with Lizzie speaking the cupla focail an all
In the interest of inclusion you might want to translate that for Gusty, Mad Duffs and Stacky - our loyalist brethren.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Wel, well, well, isn't this a happy little Fenian daisy chain? One bastard comes in, another bastard comes in, then another.

You shitehawks are officially on notice: I am watching this thread.

Remember what I promised. I will root you out.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post
Wel, well, well, isn't this a happy little Fenian daisy chain? One bastard comes in, another bastard comes in, then another.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry_Mace_On View Post