Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-02-2018, 02:31 PM
CaptainSensible CaptainSensible is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The claim was made that Kelly was driving around with a bolt cutter in the back of his car. He wasn't. It was explained where he'd gotten the bolt cutter, but of course why let the facts interfere with the narrative eh?

I don't think he should have cut the clamp but he needed to attend another meeting and decided to. He's since paid a fine for it. It's a non issue other than he was an elected official caught doing something that a lot of people have said they'd do if they had been able to borrow a boltcutter when they were clamped. But look it's a SF politician so let's make hay

Now let's now suggest some SF guy will stab someone - talk of stretching
He could have taken a taxi to this meeting, no??

As for the clamp, well I couldn't really care less what he did, I'm sure many other people would do the same thing and not think twice about it. However once caught, most people would just put their hands up and get on with it without making up ridiculous excuses, I'm sure he had a meeting but I doubt it was so urgent he had the time to go into the gym on the off chance they'd have a boltcutter and then take the time to dismantle the clamp, so I don't believe the meeting had anything to do with what he did, he would have removed the clamp regardless, and as already mentioned he could have taken a taxi.

It was only when the story broke that people asked what he was doing with a boltcutter and many probably only did this in jest yet while everyone else has moved on you and the rest of the SF brigade are only making themselves look stupid by asking is it a criminal offense to have a wheel brace in their car. Look the first person who used it as defense may have thought it sounded intelligent but it doesn't, it makes people who use it appear to be complete and utter morons because there is no equivalence. But hey carry on.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-02-2018, 02:36 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
He could have taken a taxi to this meeting, no??

As for the clamp, well I couldn't really care less what he did, I'm sure many other people would do the same thing and not think twice about it. However once caught, most people would just put their hands up and get on with it without making up ridiculous excuses, I'm sure he had a meeting but I doubt it was so urgent he had the time to go into the gym on the off chance they'd have a boltcutter and then take the time to dismantle the clamp, so I don't believe the meeting had anything to do with what he did, he would have removed the clamp regardless, and as already mentioned he could have taken a taxi.

It was only when the story broke that people asked what he was doing with a boltcutter and many probably only did this in jest yet while everyone else has moved on you and the rest of the SF brigade are only making themselves look stupid by asking is it a criminal offense to have a wheel brace in their car. Look the first person who used it as defense may have thought it sounded intelligent but it doesn't, it makes people who use it appear to be complete and utter morons because there is no equivalence. But hey carry on.
The only reason that wheel brace in the boot is mentioned is because fantasists like to imagine that Gerry Kelly has offensive weapons like baseball bats and bolt cutters in his car. He hasn't a bolt cutter as has been explained repeatedly. I know where I work they've a bolt cutter under the desk and should I have wanted to free my car in a hurry from a clamp that would be available to me - even though that's not what it's stored for.

And the suggestion that a baseball bat is something else he carries is just more of your guff. A long wheel brace can inflict as much damage and be much more easily explained away. By the way - I have a hurly in the boot of my car - should I have to explain why?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The only reason that wheel brace in the boot is mentioned is because fantasists like to imagine that Gerry Kelly has offensive weapons like baseball bats and bolt cutters in his car. He hasn't a bolt cutter as has been explained repeatedly. I know where I work they've a bolt cutter under the desk and should I have wanted to free my car in a hurry from a clamp that would be available to me - even though that's not what it's stored for.

And the suggestion that a baseball bat is something else he carries is just more of your guff. A long wheel brace can inflict as much damage and be much more easily explained away. By the way - I have a hurly in the boot of my car - should I have to explain why?
He illegally parked his car 50 yards from St Anne's Square public car park.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 18,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The only reason that wheel brace in the boot is mentioned is because fantasists like to imagine that Gerry Kelly has offensive weapons like baseball bats and bolt cutters in his car. He hasn't a bolt cutter as has been explained repeatedly. I know where I work they've a bolt cutter under the desk and should I have wanted to free my car in a hurry from a clamp that would be available to me - even though that's not what it's stored for.

And the suggestion that a baseball bat is something else he carries is just more of your guff. A long wheel brace can inflict as much damage and be much more easily explained away. By the way - I have a hurly in the boot of my car - should I have to explain why?
blah blah blah.. more diversionary shite

Answer these -

Why could the spokesman for policing in the north not have used a taxi to get to the meeting like any other law abiding citizen would? and

Do you think it demonstrates an incredibly bad sense of judgement on his part that you would not expect from the spokesman for policing in the north, given the sensitivities up there?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-02-2018, 04:43 PM
CaptainSensible CaptainSensible is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The only reason that wheel brace in the boot is mentioned is because fantasists like to imagine that Gerry Kelly has offensive weapons like baseball bats and bolt cutters in his car. He hasn't a bolt cutter as has been explained repeatedly. I know where I work they've a bolt cutter under the desk and should I have wanted to free my car in a hurry from a clamp that would be available to me - even though that's not what it's stored for.

And the suggestion that a baseball bat is something else he carries is just more of your guff. A long wheel brace can inflict as much damage and be much more easily explained away. By the way - I have a hurly in the boot of my car - should I have to explain why?
Where did I say he carries a baseball bat??

In fact I have already acknowledged he got the bolt cutter in the gym, what is wrong with you? Is it a case of this is our defense (mention random every day items that can cause harm) and not even broach the only issue which is he illegally removed a clamp from his car, granted you have said he shouldn't have done it but then you present a myriad of excuses which kind of negates your initial position.

As I have also mentioned I couldn't give a toss that he removed the clamp I'd probably do it myself, but it is quite funny watching you try to come up with various ways to deflect from what he did, which in the general scheme of things is not a really a big deal. But if you feel obliged to circle the wagons when something is as blatant as that, it does indicate a blind loyalty to the party which I'm sure you'll agree does nothing for your credibility, the same would apply to any FG/FF er who refuses to see the wood from the trees.

And as for your hurley in the boot, yes I would like an explanation, mid life crisis???
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
Where did I say he carries a baseball bat??

In fact I have already acknowledged he got the bolt cutter in the gym, what is wrong with you? Is it a case of this is our defense (mention random every day items that can cause harm) and not even broach the only issue which is he illegally removed a clamp from his car, granted you have said he shouldn't have done it but then you present a myriad of excuses which kind of negates your initial position.

As I have also mentioned I couldn't give a toss that he removed the clamp I'd probably do it myself, but it is quite funny watching you try to come up with various ways to deflect from what he did, which in the general scheme of things is not a really a big deal. But if you feel obliged to circle the wagons when something is as blatant as that, it does indicate a blind loyalty to the party which I'm sure you'll agree does nothing for your credibility, the same would apply to any FG/FF er who refuses to see the wood from the trees.

And as for your hurley in the boot, yes I would like an explanation, mid life crisis???
What most people are missing here is that he committed a crime. Criminal damage.

But of course the law doesn't apply to the police and crime spokesman for SF/IRA.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:17 AM
doolaly doolaly is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
What most people are missing here is that he committed a crime. Criminal damage.

But of course the law doesn't apply to the police and crime spokesman for SF/IRA.
..ach c'mon now Duffers, not withstanding your aversion along with many others with yer man there, it's hard not to admire his pluck and attitude to the kind of rats that lurk around without conscience and do that to me or you along with many other people who grab a minute to park/stop, in a heartbeat we'd be fucked as him, we ought to get bolt cutters on the NHS Duffers ...fuck them...tipping my hat to him....personally...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Duffs Duffs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
..ach c'mon now Duffers, not withstanding your aversion along with many others with yer man there, it's hard not to admire his pluck and attitude to the kind of rats that lurk around without conscience and do that to me or you along with many other people who grab a minute to park/stop, in a heartbeat we'd be fucked as him, we ought to get bolt cutters on the NHS Duffers ...fuck them...tipping my hat to him....personally...
So you're OK with someone parking illegally. What about if hehad parked in a handicapped space?

As I've already stated. There was a public car park 50 yards away from where he illegally parked.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-02-2018, 11:17 AM
blackie blackie is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The only reason that wheel brace in the boot is mentioned is because fantasists like to imagine that Gerry Kelly has offensive weapons like baseball bats and bolt cutters in his car. He hasn't a bolt cutter as has been explained repeatedly. I know where I work they've a bolt cutter under the desk and should I have wanted to free my car in a hurry from a clamp that would be available to me - even though that's not what it's stored for.

And the suggestion that a baseball bat is something else he carries is just more of your guff. A long wheel brace can inflict as much damage and be much more easily explained away. By the way - I have a hurly in the boot of my car - should I have to explain why?
You shouldn't have , read Cannon hurleys on Facebook re care of hurleys.
__________________
I will in my hoop
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-02-2018, 11:24 AM
TopicGrinder TopicGrinder is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 19,159
Default



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.