Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan01 View Post
We will have no Olympic team a 20 years time and no Medals.
I think you are referring to the Special Olympics and Iceland definitely will have no team
Old 14-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
I think you are referring to the Special Olympics and Iceland definitely will have no team
You are some gowl all the same and it's listening to the tripe coming from the likes of you will make up peoples minds. Iceland have a special Olympics team because if bothered you hole to check, it isn't just open to athletes with Down Syndrome.
Old 14-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
You are some gowl all the same and it's listening to the tripe coming from the likes of you will make up peoples minds. Iceland have a special Olympics team because if bothered you hole to check, it isn't just open to athletes with Down Syndrome.
How convenient as Iceland is aborting all Downs babies Typical of abortionists who refer to people who express anti abortion sentiments as Gowls, nut cases etc
Old 14-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
How convenient as Iceland is aborting all Downs babies
Roll your eyes all you want it doesn't change the fact that your post about Iceland and the Special Olympics was bullshit.
Old 14-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Roll your eyes all you want it doesn't change the fact that your post about Iceland and the Special Olympics was bullshit.
2017 Iceland Is ‘Eradicating’ Down Syndrome – by Eradicating the People Who Have It Iceland has nearly “eradicated” Down syndrome … by encouraging parents to test their babies in the womb and abort them if their results show a likelihood of the genetic condition. According to a recent CBS report, just one or two babies are born with Down syndrome on average per year in Iceland, which has a population of 330,000. In the country, close to 100 percent of pregnant women who test positive for Down syndrome in prenatal screenings choose abortion. While Iceland is ahead when it comes to “eradicating” people with Down syndrome, America isn’t too far behind. Among U.S. women, an estimated 67 percent whose test results indicate a Down syndrome child decide to abort the baby. Glenn looked at this heartbreaking story on radio Wednesday. “Am I supposed to say, ‘Oh, look at that beautiful child that should be dead’?” he asked of the CBS story, which featured an image of a little girl from Iceland with Down syndrome who was one of the few to survive.

Tropics Brave New World
Old 14-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
How convenient as Iceland is aborting all Downs babies Typical of abortionists who refer to people who express anti abortion sentiments as Gowls, nut cases etc
Nice edit, I am not an abortionist. You didn't express an anti abortionist sentiment you made a claim that was an absolute lie, hence I called you a gowl. Further more to your bullshit claim, children with downs are still being born in Iceland. The decision entirely rests with the parents to have the screening and the choice to abort.
Old 14-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
2017 Iceland Is ‘Eradicating’ Down Syndrome – by Eradicating the People Who Have It Iceland has nearly “eradicated” Down syndrome … by encouraging parents to test their babies in the womb and abort them if their results show a likelihood of the genetic condition. According to a recent CBS report, just one or two babies are born with Down syndrome on average per year in Iceland, which has a population of 330,000. In the country, close to 100 percent of pregnant women who test positive for Down syndrome in prenatal screenings choose abortion. While Iceland is ahead when it comes to “eradicating” people with Down syndrome, America isn’t too far behind. Among U.S. women, an estimated 67 percent whose test results indicate a Down syndrome child decide to abort the baby. Glenn looked at this heartbreaking story on radio Wednesday. “Am I supposed to say, ‘Oh, look at that beautiful child that should be dead’?” he asked of the CBS story, which featured an image of a little girl from Iceland with Down syndrome who was one of the few to survive.

Tropics Brave New World
How does prove you claim about the Special Olympics? You really are a gowl.
Old 14-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
The difference being of course which you left out was that the abortion act in the UK was inacted by parliament. Here it will be voted on by the Irish public.
Will it be enacted by the parliament after a vote by the public though?

I'll be honest here I'm not 100% on what exactly is being proposed to happen. My understanding (and I'm certainly open to correction on this as the more clarity we have the better able we are to cast the most appropriate vote as we see it) is that if the referendum is passed then the 8th Amendment will be revoked and then the parliament will then decide on whatever is to replace it? Thanks for any info but please stick to the facts. Ta
Old 14-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Will it be enacted by the parliament after a vote by the public though?

I'll be honest here I'm not 100% on what exactly is being proposed to happen. My understanding (and I'm certainly open to correction on this as the more clarity we have the better able we are to cast the most appropriate vote as we see it) is that if the referendum is passed then the 8th Amendment will be revoked and then the parliament will then decide on whatever is to replace it? Thanks for any info but please stick to the facts. Ta
I had assumed that the referendum will say remove and replace with blah blah or leave as is.

My point was that the UK people got no say in the abortion act, here we will have
Old 14-12-2017, 06:48 PM

I am looking forward to Billy Kelleher canvassing for his abortion on demand up to 12 weeks!