Corkbhoy 24 48.00%
rebelicecreamman 6 12.00%
Earl (Topic Grindr) 10 20.00%
Pol 0 0%
Ballsaq (Gary Duff) 3 6.00%
Norris 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-11-2017, 11:40 PM

It is minor for sure but, we've certainly had a quiet year.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:46 PM

I'll nominate Whitey Bulger for repeatedly running head first into self pwns on the rogby threads. He's definitely in with a shout of winning the arm wrestle that is IOTY.

I love you Whitey, don't ever change.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Yes it is. Show me otherwise. Goals win games otherwise we may aswell play Chess or try a knitting competition in Dorset.
I gave you the facts Wes Holohan 40 caps and 3 goals. Robbie Brady has over double the amount of goals that this Irish genetic masterclass that we need to play in every game which he can't play for his Club that were relegated couple of years ago and last year were awful in the championship. 40 caps and 3 goals by this outstanding player we have.
Can you explain to me otherwise on this outstanding talent
If you want to talk about technical skill and attacking players, we should be looking at chance creation Finn, it's that simple. Unfortunately, we don't have easy, instant access to those stats at International level.

There are loads of examples of bang average players who score shitloads of goals in top five leagues and in Europe. Carlos Bacca and Bas Dost are two that spring to mind instantly but there are loads down the years.

I don't deny you your right to an opinion that Brady's more technically gifted than Hoolahan, just that the use of goals scored to "prove" it is daft.
Old 14-11-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
If you want to talk about technical skill and attacking players, we should be looking at chance creation Finn, it's that simple. Unfortunately, we don't have easy, instant access to those stats at International level.

There are loads of examples of bang average players who score shitloads of goals in top five leagues and in Europe. Carlos Bacca and Bas Dost are two that spring to mind instantly but there are loads down the years.

I don't deny you your right to an opinion that Brady's more technically gifted than Hoolahan, just that the use of goals scored to "prove" it is daft.
I take your point very well.
But we don't have to create a myth by all of a sudden creating a Wes that is not as great as people make out.
It's unfair on Wes and the whole thing is brought on by people like Dunphy .
I hope Wes comes on and bags a hat trick but the media have including Liam Brady that had a chance to include Wes choose not too.
I am excited for the game and will be at it but life kicks you in the stomach sometimes and the news that Liam Miller is sick kicked me in the stomach today.
Prayer to him and all his family . ✌✌
Get well soon Liam 💪
Old 14-11-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
I take your point very well.
But we don't have to create a myth by all of a sudden creating a Wes that is not as great as people make out.
It's unfair on Wes and the whole thing is brought on by people like Dunphy .
I hope Wes comes on and bags a hat trick but the media have including Liam Brady that had a chance to include Wes choose not too.
I am excited for the game and will be at it but life kicks you in the stomach sometimes and the news that Liam Miller is sick kicked me in the stomach today.
Prayer to him and all his family . ✌✌
Get well soon Liam 💪
Now you're talking more sense.

Brady has played around 800 minutes more for Ireland than Hoolahan, by the way, and has less goals+assists (again, not a perfect indicator but better than goals alone).

Edit: At PL level, both have played very similar amounts of minutes to date and Hoolahan is the clear leader on both goals and assists.
Old 14-11-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Now you're talking more sense.

Brady has played around 800 minutes more for Ireland than Hoolahan, by the way, and has less goals+assists (again, not a perfect indicator but better than goals alone).

Edit: At PL level, both have played very similar amounts of minutes to date and Hoolahan is the clear leader on both goals and assists.
Wes don't play left back and I will look up the stats again but Brady definitely has more goals than this magical figure the media talk about to try keep a job.
Wes Hoholan has played for Livingston in Scottish football. Blackpool and now Norwich and again I will ask the same Question.
Explain how this unbelievable talented player was not actually bought by any decent team if he was that special and why is Liam Brady whom defiantly had a chance to pick this player all of a sudden say we are missing this GILE.
It's keeping Liam Brady and Dumb Dumb in a job.
Wes like I have repeated is an average Irish player and those are facts.
And Liam Brady was a great Irish player so why did he not pick this mytical player that the media have blown up beyond embarrassing.
James McClean or Shane Duffy have been real leaders on this team but dumb dumb said many not nice things about Duffy at the Euros .
Now he maybe our greatest asset even from set pieces.
Expect more of it these so called experts.
Paul McGrath had an article and not once did he blame anyone or mention Wes.
He said we can play better as a team but unlike Liam Brady Paul McGrath was asked to play a role in middle for Charlton and Liam Brady was sitting on his own ego backside when Ireland played Italy in the quarter final of a World Cup and sulked.
If it was easy and all that but listen for the contradiction when Liam Brady talks tonight
Old 15-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Senior PROC Member

Hey, wtf!!!!! If these 2 continue debating this in the ioty thread then I think we could have a couple on our hands. Not the initial point really but this right here.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:33 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
I'll nominate Whitey Bulger for repeatedly running head first into self pwns on the rogby threads. He's definitely in with a shout of winning the arm wrestle that is IOTY.

I love you Whitey, don't ever change.

Certainly worth a nomination
Old 15-11-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Certainly worth a nomination
Isn't he actually a rugby fan ? But tears into Ireland all the time ?
Old 15-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Isn't he actually a rugby fan ? But tears into Ireland all the time ?
I think he's a WUM, most certainly an alt.
Definitely has some knowledge, in a similar way to junior footballer evidences when dangling the bait.