Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Default Hawaii

Anyone been there? I'm going end of next week for 10 days with wife and children. We haven't told the kids yet - we're keeping it as a surprise until the evening we fly out. We're hoping they enjoy it but would appreciate any suggestions or feedback from anyone who's been before.
Old 27-07-2017, 07:44 PM

Yeah. Back in the 80s when I was still a kid. They were still making Magnum PI at the time. I thought it was great. Only went to Oahu though. What possessed you to go so far?
Old 28-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the reply Tube.

I'm based in Japan so not so far from here. Flight is < 8 hours so not much different than going to Malaysia or Thailand. Less than Bali or elsewhere.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM

Was in Kauai. Couldn't reccommend it highly enough. Much of the 1st Jurassic park and the Decendants filmed there. Less developed and much lower population than the other islands but amazingly beautiful. We camped near the beaches and hiked the Kalalau Trail along the Napali Coast. Mind blowing stuff. Did a helicopter tour (1 hour not cheap but doable - maybe $250 p.p.). Beaches are stunning. Not sure what it would be like with smallies.