Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2017, 02:37 AM

Default Schools GAA 2017/2018

Harty groups are out. Five Cork schools, back to the non-shit format. No Rochestown despite the size of the place is a joke.

Quote:
GROUP A: Midleton CBS, Ardscoil Ris, De La Salle Waterford, Charleville CBS.

GROUP B: Our Ladys Templemore, St Flannans Ennis, CBC Cork, Castletroy College.

GROUP C: St Colmans Fermoy, Colaiste Iosaef Kilmallock, Blackwater Lismore, John the Baptist Community School Hospital

GROUP D: Nenagh CBS, Scoil na Troinoide Naofa Doon, Thurles CBS, Gaelcolaiste Mhuire Cork.
http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/258934/.html
Old 11-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turenne View Post
Harty groups are out. Five Cork schools, back to the non-shit format. No Rochestown despite the size of the place is a joke.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/258934/.html
If the quality isnt there, there is nothing they can do. CBC sweeping up a lot of their potential players from Douglas and Blackrock. Trying to be master of both codes doesn't help either.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:59 PM

I hear Midleton CBS have been busy 'acquiring' players for the Harty.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
They'd want to acquire a better coach
Old 17-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Good the stronger the better

– Séan Ó Faoláin
Old 17-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghabullogue 1890 View Post
They'd want to acquire a better coach
Dwane hasn't coached them since 2016 afaik?
Old 17-07-2017, 04:28 PM
dan ball

Thought it was a Collins guy or is he the manager rather than coach?
Old 18-07-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Probably our best chance next year - tough enough group - it will test them
Old 18-07-2017, 12:06 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocky View Post
Probably our best chance next year - tough enough group - it will test them
Midleton CBS will be very strong and will have a number of this years Cork minors like O' Leary-Hayes, Millerick, O' Shea along with lads who were close to making the panel like Gosnell plus a core of Midleton U16 who won the county last year.

Colmans should be strong also as they will have a few Cork minors in the Roches and Lenihan I believe plus a backbone from a very strong U16.5 team this year.

CBC will have about 8 of last years starting team with a few Cork minors in Downey & Hanlon, very capable hurlers in the likes of Murphy, O' Flynn and also a number of Cork U17 panel from this years Munster victory like O' Connell, Cronin, Barrett and McBarron plus a few Cork U16s. Their keeper was the Limerick minor keeper this year also so that should do his confidence good.

Mon AG should also be good with the likes of Connery, Morrissey, Healy, Bowen, Galvin, Busteed etc plus Blake Murphy who in my opinion should be a Cork minor starter this year but he may yet force his way in as he has been drafted into the U17 squad having originally chosen football this year.

I think the Cork minor victory in Munster this year will rise each of these schools to a much higher level as players are believing more than before. It has to be a good thing overall. I'm sure there will be ongoing "recruitment" also across the various schools but as long as one of them makes a breakthrough and continues the revival we will all be happy.
Old 18-07-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHalfBack View Post
Midleton CBS will be very strong and will have a number of this years Cork minors like O' Leary-Hayes, Millerick, O' Shea along with lads who were close to making the panel like Gosnell plus a core of Midleton U16 who won the county last year.

Colmans should be strong also as they will have a few Cork minors in the Roches and Lenihan I believe plus a backbone from a very strong U16.5 team this year.

CBC will have about 8 of last years starting team with a few Cork minors in Downey & Hanlon, very capable hurlers in the likes of Murphy, O' Flynn and also a number of Cork U17 panel from this years Munster victory like O' Connell, Cronin, Barrett and McBarron plus a few Cork U16s. Their keeper was the Limerick minor keeper this year also so that should do his confidence good.

Mon AG should also be good with the likes of Connery, Morrissey, Healy, Bowen, Galvin, Busteed etc plus Blake Murphy who in my opinion should be a Cork minor starter this year but he may yet force his way in as he has been drafted into the U17 squad having originally chosen football this year.

I think the Cork minor victory in Munster this year will rise each of these schools to a much higher level as players are believing more than before. It has to be a good thing overall. I'm sure there will be ongoing "recruitment" also across the various schools but as long as one of them makes a breakthrough and continues the revival we will all be happy.
Agree with pretty much everything here - hopefully a good cut off of Harty this year for our schools
A rising tide .........
Best of luck to 17s out next week - how do we rate our chances ?