Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-03-2017, 06:52 PM

Pretty happy with the Patriots moves in the first few days of the season. They have gotten younger and faster. Don't suppose it's too much to ask that they can keep Strap and re-sign Hightower and Blount.

Brady could be throwing the ball to the following next season all things going well

Gronk
Hogs
DA
Jules
Malcolm Mitchell
Brandin Cooks
Dwayne Allen
With James White and Dion Lewis running it

Dare I say it's almost too much. Dola would be under the most pressure I'd day. Takes a pay cut every year. It's ridiculous. Edelman is in the last year of his contract.

If Brady can throw TD passes to a lacrosse player in the playoffs imagine what he could with a genuine number 1 receiver.

Cooks is very fast but he comes with a couple of caveats. He was whinging about not getting the ball in NO. Well that's not going to fly in NE and it likely won't be any easier to get the ball. Also there's a big contract coming his way in 2 years.

Long way to go before the action starts. A lot of things will happen between now and then.

I love the draft (they could cut the build up a bit) but jaysus it's hard to get excited about it from a Pats point of view when their first pick is the 72nd.

Supposed to be very deep on both lines and DBs

Belichick doesn't put as much stock in picks as most people. He'd prefer to get guy who has been in the league a couple of years. Less risk. Ealy is 25. Cooks (23). Gilmore and Allen (26)

48-0
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Those young lads will be retired before Brady
Old 12-03-2017, 01:53 AM

Pats pick up defensive end Lawrence Guy on a 4 year deal
Old 12-03-2017, 06:32 AM

Yeah and jimmyG and Butler are still there. Scary stuff!
Old 13-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Demarcus Ware has retired
Old 15-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Hightower re-signs.

Great news. Happier with this than the Cooks or Gilmore signings.

He had visited with the Jets and Steelers.

Has had a hell of a career thus far. Signed for Alabama when he was 17. Won 2 National Championships in 4 years under Nick Sabin. In 5 years under Belichick has 2 Superbowl rings. Nice haul.

48-0
Old 15-03-2017, 11:42 PM

Brilliant! Was sure he was going to sign for the Jets!

Better get SB bets in before it's too late
Old 16-03-2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
Hightower re-signs.

Great news. Happier with this than the Cooks or Gilmore signings.

He had visited with the Jets and Steelers.

Has had a hell of a career thus far. Signed for Alabama when he was 17. Won 2 National Championships in 4 years under Nick Sabin. In 5 years under Belichick has 2 Superbowl rings. Nice haul.
Best news of the off season for any Pats fan. The man is a beast.

Butler seems to be still fishing for a big pay day but the odds are completely against him as a restricted FA. Met with Saints today apparently.
Old 21-03-2017, 12:48 AM

Josh McCown in da' motherfuckin Jet house. I knew when we cut everyone and didn't bother signing anyone decent in free agency, that we must have someone big lined up. And they don't come bigger than a 36 year old injury-prone journey-man QB.

Actually McCown is perfect, ok not perfect but still better than a Kapernick or Cutler sideshow. Josh will come in and mentor Hackenberg and Petty for a year. If they have anything about them, one of them will beat him out in training camp. If they don't, McCown will start and win 2 games and the Jets take Darnold next year.

I like what the Jets are doing, or rather are not doing this year. No more quick fixes, take your medicine and hope to turn it around next year or beyond.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:19 PM

The Raiders are heading to Las Vegas in 2-3 years.

Fuck the fans. Sickening.

48-0