Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-11-2016, 11:30 AM

Newcastle is on after passing inspection(s). Nailing my colours to the Apples Jade mast in the Fighting Fifth. I think the 7lb mares allowance will make all the difference. Great race though
In the Hennessy , I've gone for Native River to win and an each-way saver on Upswing at the bottom of the handicap.
Elsewhere one of my ante post Cheltenham bets runs at Gowran. I've Invitation Only backed at 8's to win ANY race at the festival so I'd be hoping he can take the maiden at 1.00. New To This Town and Barra should put it up to him though.
Bellshill also makes his chasing debut today at Gowran.
We also have the likes of Zabana and Thistlecrack running today.
Should be a cracker
Old 26-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporge View Post
Well done judge, nice way to start the weekend
Thanks.....but as you well know,we're only minding the money for the bookies.😣😣😣
Old 26-11-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Newcastle is on after passing inspection(s). Nailing my colours to the Apples Jade mast in the Fighting Fifth. I think the 7lb mares allowance will make all the difference. Great race though
In the Hennessy , I've gone for Native River to win and an each-way saver on Upswing at the bottom of the handicap.
Elsewhere one of my ante post Cheltenham bets runs at Gowran. I've Invitation Only backed at 8's to win ANY race at the festival so I'd be hoping he can take the maiden at 1.00. New To This Town and Barra should put it up to him though.
Bellshill also makes his chasing debut today at Gowran.
We also have the likes of Zabana and Thistlecrack running today.
Should be a cracker
Well put.And not a bad bet at 8s.Was reading from Bryan Cooper and he reckons hes happy with the choice he made on Petit Mouchoir.Should be a good oul race but i'd question the quality of our novice hurdlers last year.So i'll just watch it with interest.My fancy for the Hennessy would have to be Un Temps Pour Tout.He seems to tick all the right boxes.Well happy punting.
Old 26-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Well that Fighting fifth was a race and a half.Great finish.
Old 26-11-2016, 04:42 PM

Cracking days racing. Great performance by Native River who was the first off the bridle turning for home. Whilst being a great finish, I have my doubts about the overall quality of the Figthing Fifth with Hidden Cyclone beaten less than 3 lengths into 3rd. I mean he doesn't feature in any markets with regards to the top 2 miles hurdles for the rest of the season. It was a truly run race though which found out for Sceau Royal.
Had smalls on the Bells Hill / Invitation Only double so not a bad day all round.
Old 26-11-2016, 04:50 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Great days racing. Native River was a class above the field. Thistlecrack continued his procession. Great comeback by Irving threw a few quid on him for the simple reason that Nicholls horses are flying.

But atm its Colin Tizzard's world and we're all just living in it.
Old 26-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Cracking days racing. Great performance by Native River who was the first off the bridle turning for home. Whilst being a great finish, I have my doubts about the overall quality of the Figthing Fifth with Hidden Cyclone beaten less than 3 lengths into 3rd. I mean he doesn't feature in any markets with regards to the top 2 miles hurdles for the rest of the season. It was a truly run race though which found out for Sceau Royal.
Had smalls on the Bells Hill / Invitation Only double so not a bad day all round.
I did that double too lol.It was the 'bet of the day'really as Ruby was sweet on both their chances.....Small odds,but as the grandfather used say"money on is better than money gone".
Old 29-11-2016, 12:55 PM
dan ball

The Gold Cup seems to be falling apart a bit compared to other years. We're looking at Cue Card taking on Thistlecrack, or the other way around considering Cue Card is effectively the current leading chaser. But not much else seems to be around, couldn't see Valseur or Djakadam challenging either of the two on the day.

Would love to see Douvan campaigned with a GC in mind but doesn't feel like its going to happen, i just hope its for the right reason and not because they think Djakadam can win a GC.

Looking like the supreme and the arkle will be the best races of this years festival. Champion hurdle not looking too promising either. And douvan wins the champion chase with ease if that's the chosen route.
Old 29-11-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
The Gold Cup seems to be falling apart a bit compared to other years. We're looking at Cue Card taking on Thistlecrack, or the other way around considering Cue Card is effectively the current leading chaser. But not much else seems to be around, couldn't see Valseur or Djakadam challenging either of the two on the day.

Would love to see Douvan campaigned with a GC in mind but doesn't feel like its going to happen, i just hope its for the right reason and not because they think Djakadam can win a GC.

Looking like the supreme and the arkle will be the best races of this years festival. Champion hurdle not looking too promising either. And douvan wins the champion chase with ease if that's the chosen route.
Not sure I agree-Vautour is a huge loss but remember he ran in the Ryanair last year. Djakadam goes well at Cheltenham and is still young enough. Coneygree looked ok in his comeback race and is probably the best value. http://www.paddypower.com/racing/fut...-gold-cup-2017
The top three might run in the King George. Cue Card is an amazing horse, almost 7 years ago he won the champion bumper and has been running in Grade Ones without a break since then .
http://www.racingpost.com/horses/hor...abs=horse_form
Old 30-11-2016, 01:44 AM

Golf Cup falling apart, it's not even December.