Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-10-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theporge View Post
I'm as excited about Thistlecrack as the next fella, but I couldn't be having 5/1 on a horse that may still be a Novice entering 2017 (Tizzard has already said he could be heading for the Feltham over Christmas)
The Gold Cup is a brutal slog and I'd worry for him especially if Coneygree makes it back. These 2 could end up taking each other on for the first 3 miles and leave it open to a boat passing them up the hill.
All will be played out before us over the next 4 months or so. Can't wait.
An ante-post bet on him would be madness of course, but I can see where the bookies are coming from with the odds. At the thought of the race, Im not sure there is another horse in training with the cruising speed of Thistlecrack over 3 miles - possibly with the exception of Vautour but I don't he would stay the GC trip. Fascinating prospect if they all turn up.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:13 PM

Different code but jockey Freddie Tylicki is paralysed from the waist down following the pile up during the week. Thoughts with him and his family.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Different code but jockey Freddie Tylicki is paralysed from the waist down following the pile up during the week. Thoughts with him and his family.
Haven't seen the incident but it sounded very nasty alright. It's a bloody dangerous sport when you think of it. How the likes of McCoy survived 20 years at the top is hard to credit.

No comment.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:22 PM

Just reading that Vatour has been put down following a freak accident,where he fractured a bone in his fore leg.Sad news.It seems all of a sudden that things are going from bad to worse for Willie Mullins.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge View Post
Just reading that Vatour has been put down following a freak accident,where he fractured a bone in his fore leg.Sad news.It seems all of a sudden that things are going from bad to worse for Willie Mullins.
Oh and Avant Tout was put down in Naas race course today.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:35 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Awful news. Was a superb horse
Old 10-11-2016, 07:56 PM

One thing I can't rely on this season is when in doubt back Nina in the bumper!! She's pregnant with her first child and is out for this season at least. Best of luck to her, brilliant horsewoman.
Old 25-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Great weekends jumping ahead of us. Much vaunted Jenkins makes his debut over hurdles at Newbury in the first race today. Henderson team are very keen on it. Have it in doubles and trebles with One Track Mind and Ballyoptic later in the day.

Tomorrow is Hennessy Gold Cup & Fighting Fifth hurdle day. Hard to see past Native River who has been laid out for the Hennessy. Just the 6 declared for the Fighting Fifth and I suppose you could draw a line through Hidden Cyclone and Mirsaale. That would leave a 4-way shoot out between Irving, Petit Mouchoir, Sceau Royal and Apples Jade. That's going to be some race in fairness.

Big race Sunday would be the Troytown at Navan where Gordon Elliott has no less than 11 of the 25 that are due to run. Willie Mullins has just the 1 Sambremont but he struggled to get the trip in the Kim Muir last year so I'll probably have a small investment on Noble Endeavour each-way at 8/1

Also there are the small details of Thistlecrack back with Novice company tomorrow and Min making his chasing debut at Navan on Sunday. Great weekend ahead!
Old 25-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Great weekends jumping ahead of us. Much vaunted Jenkins makes his debut over hurdles at Newbury in the first race today. Henderson team are very keen on it. Have it in doubles and trebles with One Track Mind and Ballyoptic later in the day.

Tomorrow is Hennessy Gold Cup & Fighting Fifth hurdle day. Hard to see past Native River who has been laid out for the Hennessy. Just the 6 declared for the Fighting Fifth and I suppose you could draw a line through Hidden Cyclone and Mirsaale. That would leave a 4-way shoot out between Irving, Petit Mouchoir, Sceau Royal and Apples Jade. That's going to be some race in fairness.

Big race Sunday would be the Troytown at Navan where Gordon Elliott has no less than 11 of the 25 that are due to run. Willie Mullins has just the 1 Sambremont but he struggled to get the trip in the Kim Muir last year so I'll probably have a small investment on Noble Endeavour each-way at 8/1

Also there are the small details of Thistlecrack back with Novice company tomorrow and Min making his chasing debut at Navan on Sunday. Great weekend ahead!
Jenkins jumping was sketchy but he won nicely going away from the last.Sure to improve a bit but i can't see him as a Cheltenham contender in the 'bigger' novice races.I backed him too and also have him with Ravenhill Road in a double.I backed him in Ladbrokes between 11am and 1pm as you get 'higher sp'returns on doubles.10/11 looks a huge price now.Well its been a nice start to Black Friday so far.😉😉😉
Old 26-11-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Jenkins jumping was sketchy but he won nicely going away from the last.Sure to improve a bit but i can't see him as a Cheltenham contender in the 'bigger' novice races.I backed him too and also have him with Ravenhill Road in a double.I backed him in Ladbrokes between 11am and 1pm as you get 'higher sp'returns on doubles.10/11 looks a huge price now.Well its been a nice start to Black Friday so far.😉😉😉
Well done judge, nice way to start the weekend