Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-05-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
many relatives of ira victims and british army victims will be fuming
over adams meeting Charles but from adams point of view he is damned if he does damned if he doesn't, its just another step along the road to hopefully a lasting peace, don't underestimate the potential for extra sinn fein votes after this,
Some knuckle dragging perma-victim Republicans and criminal element dissidents will never be happy anyway.

The vast majority of people on this island could not care less really and just want normal relations with our closest neighbour rather than waffling on about 1690, 1798,1916, 1969 forever.

All that matters is now.
Old 19-05-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Some knuckle dragging perma-victim Republicans and criminal element dissidents will never be happy anyway.

The vast majority of people on this island could not care less really and just want normal relations with our closest neighbour rather than waffling on about 1690, 1798,1916, 1969 forever.

All that matters is now.
it will take possibly another 2 generations before those on either side of the fence will begin to move on, speaking to people I know in rural areas of 6 counties it appears that people tend to get on but Belfast is another matter,
Old 19-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

All that matters is now.
Love how the perma-victims and the criminal elements are all on the republican side Stacky. it works both ways.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Things change.

People change.

Blowing up and murdering people to achieve a United Ireland or retain the Union was daft and immoral 30 years ago without the consent of the people and even with the benefit of hindsight even more stupid and pointless now.

Not worth a single life.

Up to the politicians in the North now to grow up and look after their people fairly and manage their budgets without screaming "crisis" to both Dublin & London every two weeks like feckless college students coming home every few weeks for their laundry done and a few meals.
Cheers for that, Stacky but it doesn't even nearly answer what I asked.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:49 PM

it's 2015 and we're over it?
Old 19-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Love how the perma-victims and the criminal elements are all on the republican side Stacky. it works both ways.
I thought that you would have picked up on 1690 ?
Old 19-05-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Cheers for that, Stacky but it doesn't even nearly answer what I asked.
Sorry.

Both Governments, Norn Iron politicians and the people of these islands want normality.
Old 19-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry.

Both Governments, Norn Iron politicians and the people of these islands want normality.
We're all aware that people if these islands want peace, you and I included.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows who are the people working behind the scenes to make it all happen, nearly independently of either Government in Ireland or Britain? Because I think it's fair to say that no matter who's in Government in either country these Royal visits etc would be going ahead.
Old 19-05-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
We're all aware that people if these islands want peace, you and I included.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows who are the people working behind the scenes to make it all happen, nearly independently of either Government in Ireland or Britain? Because I think it's fair to say that no matter who's in Government in either country these Royal visits etc would be going ahead.
why don't you think it's politicians/the royal family?
Old 19-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curious Lozenge View Post
why don't you think it's politicians/the royal family?
I never said that the politicians and Royal family weren't involved. Obviously they are the major stake holders in all of this. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows who the people behind the scenes are. Because as I said, if FF were in government this visit would have more than likely gone ahead this week anyway. There appears to be a semi independent body in place driving this forward. I'm merely wondering if anyone knows anything about this body.