Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Stacky Stacky is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
many relatives of ira victims and british army victims will be fuming
over adams meeting Charles but from adams point of view he is damned if he does damned if he doesn't, its just another step along the road to hopefully a lasting peace, don't underestimate the potential for extra sinn fein votes after this,
Some knuckle dragging perma-victim Republicans and criminal element dissidents will never be happy anyway.

The vast majority of people on this island could not care less really and just want normal relations with our closest neighbour rather than waffling on about 1690, 1798,1916, 1969 forever.

All that matters is now.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19-05-2015, 04:11 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Some knuckle dragging perma-victim Republicans and criminal element dissidents will never be happy anyway.

The vast majority of people on this island could not care less really and just want normal relations with our closest neighbour rather than waffling on about 1690, 1798,1916, 1969 forever.

All that matters is now.
it will take possibly another 2 generations before those on either side of the fence will begin to move on, speaking to people I know in rural areas of 6 counties it appears that people tend to get on but Belfast is another matter,
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Corcaigh32 Corcaigh32 is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 32,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Some knuckle dragging perma-victim Republicans and criminal element dissidents will never be happy anyway.

The vast majority of people on this island could not care less really and just want normal relations with our closest neighbour rather than waffling on about 1690, 1798,1916, 1969 forever.

All that matters is now.
Love how the perma-victims and the criminal elements are all on the republican side Stacky. it works both ways.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 19-05-2015, 06:26 PM
CORKBHOY CORKBHOY is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 52,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Things change.

People change.

Blowing up and murdering people to achieve a United Ireland or retain the Union was daft and immoral 30 years ago without the consent of the people and even with the benefit of hindsight even more stupid and pointless now.

Not worth a single life.

Up to the politicians in the North now to grow up and look after their people fairly and manage their budgets without screaming "crisis" to both Dublin & London every two weeks like feckless college students coming home every few weeks for their laundry done and a few meals.
Cheers for that, Stacky but it doesn't even nearly answer what I asked.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19-05-2015, 06:49 PM
The Curious Lozenge The Curious Lozenge is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,906
Default

it's 2015 and we're over it?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Stacky Stacky is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Love how the perma-victims and the criminal elements are all on the republican side Stacky. it works both ways.
I thought that you would have picked up on 1690 ?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 19-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Stacky Stacky is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Cheers for that, Stacky but it doesn't even nearly answer what I asked.
Sorry.

Both Governments, Norn Iron politicians and the people of these islands want normality.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 19-05-2015, 07:57 PM
CORKBHOY CORKBHOY is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 52,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Sorry.

Both Governments, Norn Iron politicians and the people of these islands want normality.
We're all aware that people if these islands want peace, you and I included.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows who are the people working behind the scenes to make it all happen, nearly independently of either Government in Ireland or Britain? Because I think it's fair to say that no matter who's in Government in either country these Royal visits etc would be going ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 19-05-2015, 08:04 PM
The Curious Lozenge The Curious Lozenge is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
We're all aware that people if these islands want peace, you and I included.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows who are the people working behind the scenes to make it all happen, nearly independently of either Government in Ireland or Britain? Because I think it's fair to say that no matter who's in Government in either country these Royal visits etc would be going ahead.
why don't you think it's politicians/the royal family?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 19-05-2015, 08:10 PM
CORKBHOY CORKBHOY is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 52,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curious Lozenge View Post
why don't you think it's politicians/the royal family?
I never said that the politicians and Royal family weren't involved. Obviously they are the major stake holders in all of this. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows who the people behind the scenes are. Because as I said, if FF were in government this visit would have more than likely gone ahead this week anyway. There appears to be a semi independent body in place driving this forward. I'm merely wondering if anyone knows anything about this body.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.