Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Accommodation
User Name
Password

Old 29-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Default Letting agent recommendations

Hello,

I am preparing for a move back to Ireland, to be based in Cork, and would like to ask if anyone has some recommendations for good letting agents? I know what I am looking for, but would like to have some help finding a suitable place from abroad.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mike
Old 13-02-2015, 10:32 AM

Hi Mike,

You're better off using daft.ie and trying to rent directly from a landlord, in my opinion.

I rented my first two places off of letting agents and it was a disaster. Nobody wanted to take responsibility for anything.

You'd need something done and the landlord was uncontactable. Or the owner of the house would say that whatever your issue was has to be addressed by the letting agent.

The last two places we lived in before buying a house were rented directly from the owner. You get a feeling of what the person is like before you hand over the cash. We were very lucky in that both of them were responsible and acted quickly when there were issues.

Best of luck with it.