Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 25-10-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'luck View Post
I don't understand how/why people get wound up by the shit stirring and trash talk. That is an aspect of fighting sports that will never change, some of the pre-fight stuff from boxers over the years has been far worse than anything McGregor has said. I think he's doing a good job at it to be honest, he had Poirier rattled off his game heading into their fight. That looked to have made a difference as Poirier came out head first with steam coming out of his ears, the fight was over in the first round. McGregor talks the talk and so far has walked the walk, long may it continue.
Who's upset about it.

Beautifully scripted stuff. Some of the performances from these guys are very credible. I'd say McGregor could easily make the transition to Hollywood like The Rock did.
Old 25-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Who's upset about it.

Beautifully scripted stuff. Some of the performances from these guys are very credible. I'd say McGregor could easily make the transition to Hollywood like The Rock did.
Not necessarily people on here, I've heard it plenty of people moaning about how much McGregor talks. Theres also a few here who it seems to have got to.

Are you suggesting just the fixtures and build up are scripted or the fights aswell?
Old 25-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Its grand beating some kung fu master from Rio but could he do it on a cold night in Detroit against the million dollar man ?.
Old 25-10-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Who's upset about it.

Double yawn

Mma is the future

The fastest growing sport in the world.
Old 25-10-2014, 07:33 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Its grand beating some kung fu master from Rio but could he do it on a cold night in Detroit against the million dollar man ?.
Wouldn't last two minutes in a Royal Rumble. Hacksaw Jim Duggan would have spat him out for breakfast.
Old 25-10-2014, 08:49 PM

How long would McGregor last fighting The Great Khali from the WWE who stands at over 7 feet tall and 350 pounds

or the Big Show who is 7 foot tall and weighs 425 pounds

Old 25-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Hopefully he'll make the step up to face The Beast Incarnate...

Real steel chairs, real steel steps
Old 25-10-2014, 09:44 PM

Nah dont mind Lesnar, I would love to see McGregor fight The Rock

Old 26-10-2014, 03:20 PM

very close fight last night, I think it will be difficult for McGregor to beat either Aldo or Mendes
Old 26-10-2014, 05:43 PM

Both the winner and loser talked about Conor in post fight interview.
The Notorious one has them well rattled.

Could be a croker sell out next summer, 80,000 Irish mma fans cheering on Conor vs Aldo