Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 20-04-2014, 04:35 PM

Default Need advice - need to get new wheels

Right so, my 00 Volkswagen Polo has given up the ghost, after having passed the NCT in March, new tyre, new fuel pump, lots of new parts over the last two years....dead as a doornail (computer fecked).

I'm on a very restricted budget, as I'm beyond poor. I have savings that can amount to paying about 1000...and hoping to trade-in/scrap the Polo towards something good, reliable, etc.

Can anyone recommend me someone to go to that I can trust to give me something reasonable that won't fall apart within 6 months/a year?

Please and thanks.
Old 20-04-2014, 04:38 PM

Check done deal. You'll get a car for 1000 or close to it but you'll get no guarantee. The nct is will let you know how reliable it is.
Old 20-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Been looking at carzone a bit, but just want a few names of dealers people trust around the place, not too trusting of donedeal. I wouldn't go by NCT, really, as my own just passed the NCT and died a month later
Old 20-04-2014, 05:06 PM

If you go with a dealer you will pay more. And I'm not sure what guarantee you'd get. If you would get one at all.

There's a place in Ballincollig called Right Price Cars, next to Lidl. I haven't had any dealings with them but they may be worth checking out.
Old 21-04-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
If you go with a dealer you will pay more. And I'm not sure what guarantee you'd get. If you would get one at all.

There's a place in Ballincollig called Right Price Cars, next to Lidl. I haven't had any dealings with them but they may be worth checking out.
Thanks, appreciate that.
Old 21-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Why not replace the ecu?

btw, when ya turn the key do any dash lights come on? It could be something simple like the relay in the ignition switch could be gone.

Last edited by slick fingers; 21-04-2014 at 07:36 PM..
Old 19-01-2017, 01:28 AM
Senior PROC Member

What did ya get?