Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-12-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsedfaceman View Post
the elysian is the representation of sheer stupidity/gobshitery/failure/snobbery that the celtic tiger represented. it's hilarious that a discount supermarket is opening there.
That's rubbish. There should be a half dozen or more Elysian's down there and higher too. I believe in time there ultimately will. High density is the way to go if you want the Cork to grow. Would you prefer if people commuted in? Reg Aldi - would people prefer it was a Donneybrook Fair? People need to shop?
Old 28-12-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsedfaceman View Post
can't wait to shop there.. gonna wear my best shiny tracky, slip on black shoes, fake tash and lower the top of the place by 100%
Lol

Might dig out my pjs next time I need a bottle of milk and sliced pan
Old 28-12-2013, 03:49 PM

heh! classy!
Old 28-12-2013, 04:01 PM

There should be an 'Elysian day flash mob' where everyone goes there in trackies and pjs, tee hee
Old 28-12-2013, 04:12 PM

lisa murphys plastic face will fall off when she hears this
Old 28-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Next the washing lines will be drapped across the 'balconies' at The Elysian.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:47 PM

So BAM are going to build this development on the same street as O Callaghan's event center? I guess just the Sextant will divide the two if this goes ahead. John Cleary says they could be ready to cut ground within months - this isn't a blocking attempt is it? I mean could Albert Quay sustain two major building sites at the one time?
Old 28-12-2013, 09:29 PM

I don't think John Cleary would be in the business of blocking Owen O' Callaghan's event centre. Why would he ? Unless he has some vested interest in the Heineken Development going ahead. In fact, if anything, he probably wants the O'Callaghan development to go ahead. It would improve that part of the city in which he is trying to attract companies.

He has build a couple of fine office blocks down in Mahon Point. He even started one a couple of years ago in the depths of the recession so he's must be serious about starting it asap.

Also, City Quarter, The Clarion and the office block across the road from The Clarion were all built at the same time, so I can't see it being an issue. The only major thing that causes traffic on big sites is the concrete pumping and erecting/dismantling the cranes; both of which are mainly done at night to avoid traffic disruption.
Old 29-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
Do City council staff have to pay full whack for parking in there?
They don't pay any whack at all. Parking provided for them, free of charge, by the taxpayer.
Old 30-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulgorm View Post
They don't pay any whack at all. Parking provided for them, free of charge, by the taxpayer.
Funny that is what I was thinking as well, now how did they ever manage to get planning permission to put that car park just there conveniently next door to The City Hall?