Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils best friend View Post
Cross thread baiting, rattled much?
Youre in both threads as well dopey

Any chance you might deal with the massive hypocrisy you are attempting to peddle?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I agree, it's a minimum standard, and it is interesting that this initiative has been introduced, but it's full of holes.

Some people learn slower than others so 12 weeks may not be enough, if the learner is less responsible than they should be, then they may never have any more formal training.

If they fail, again, they will have no more formal training.

Learning from friends and family is risky as well, who's to say they're capable drivers themselves, considering how some road users didn't have to pass a test.

Cheers for the info. It's a step in the right direction, but needs the holes filled
Agreed.
Bear in mind though that 12 EDT lessons does not mean just 12 hours of driving.
Each EDT lesson has a specific content and to progress through the programme it is expected/required that an amount of preparation is done before moving on to the next lesson. This can be done with friends or family or with a driving instructor.
The RSA state somewhere on their website that it is the aim that on completion of the EDT programme a learner would have about 100 hours of driving done..... obviously it is not expected that a person pays for 100 hours of driving tuition but more a case of the RSA assuming everyone has access to a car to practice in.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I'm dealing with the thread topics, not baiting posters, idiot.
Rattled to fawk
You are handing out lectures about road safety having claimed to have driven a Lambo at 12 years old you utter simpleton

Can you not see the hypocrisy?

Thought not
Old 05-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Banned

Dole card/drivers license, and butter voucher stuck to the window of the car?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Are Learner drivers ,especially young wans, told to put their Fuckin rear fog lights on at all times.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeaddict View Post
Are Learner drivers ,especially young wans, told to put their Fuckin rear fog lights on at all times.

I was initially behind and then ahead of some dim gowl of a Montenotte mammy the other morning on my way to work in a huge black Land Rover. Rear fog lights on, front fog lights and headlights on too. This is at 8.30 going six MPH on the way from Dunkathel to Tivoli. It's not just youngwans.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM

Didn't pass my exam until I started driving unaccompanied (not that the parents knew at the time), made a world of a difference. Driving with certain relatives will impede your chances at passing the exam IMO.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...d.php?t=227917
Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs up

GR8 news everybody.

Proposal may see car owners imprisoned for allowing learner to drive unaccompanied

Quote:
Learners who drive unaccompanied could land the owner of the car in prison for six months.

New proposals which have been approved by Cabinet also include a €2,000 fine for anyone who allows a learner to drive their vehicle.

The measures would also give Gardaí the power to impound vehicles on the spot if it is being driven by an unaccompanied learner.

However, Conor Faughnan from AA Ireland thinks the laws will be hard to enforce.Proposal may see car owners imprisoned for allowing learner to drive unaccompanied.

Learners who drive unaccompanied could land the owner of the car in prison for six months.

New proposals which have been approved by Cabinet also include a €2,000 fine for anyone who allows a learner to drive their vehicle.

The measures would also give Gardaí the power to impound vehicles on the spot if it is being driven by an unaccompanied learner.

However, Conor Faughnan from AA Ireland thinks the laws will be hard to enforce.

He said: "I would have a concern that that might be a difficult law to get through in a robust manner that was constitutional, because you are punishing me for another adult's deeds.

"I just think it might be a tough one to defend against an inevitable legal challenge. One thing that does attract me though is the idea of impounding the car."
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ed-813191.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
awww you're a sweetie *hugs*
Old 08-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumble View Post
Transition year should feature drivers' education. Rules of the road, theory, basic mechanics, car and road safety, first aid.

Where practical, driving lessons ought to be undertaken.

The end of the year ought to feature the national driver theory test and a first aid exam. Fail, and you go to the back of the queue.
How do you feel about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

So the RSA, went to the legal eagles for advice.
They got it and sent recommendations to the Government.
This as always is yet another law, crafted by the legal business to create lots of challenges to it.
Therefore lots of ching ching for their coleagues.
The legal business has self preservation perfected.