Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Cork Development Squads

Anybody hear of any promising young players coming through? I know a few from the U16 but not much else. Midleton CBS are supposed to be on the way to a Harty Cup with the present U16 and almost their entire starting team are on the development squads.

Last edited by BGCorkHurlingML; 08-04-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 PM

That Midleton team are superb ! They are like a divisional side.

I saw Blackrock play Duhallow in league last Friday - good game talent on both sides - Duhallow had 2 tasty wing forwards and a very handy goalie - Blackrock have been the form team with this age group for last few years with Fr o Neills, Sars and Na Piarsaigh on their heels

Blackrock very strong up the middle big physical skilful players - I think they have 6/7 on development squads.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocky View Post

I saw Blackrock play Duhallow in league last Friday - good game talent on both sides - Duhallow had 2 tasty wing forwards and a very handy goalie - Blackrock have been the form team with this age group for last few years with Fr o Neills, Sars and Na Piarsaigh on their heels

Blackrock very strong up the middle big physical skilful players - I think they have 6/7 on development squads.
I saw that Midleton team play. Serious players like the likes of Brendan 'butty' McCarthy from Carrigtwohill, Dan Landers from Killeagh, Billy Dunne from Fr O Neills and Kevin Moynihan from Russell Rovers. They destroyed every school in Cork this year. The U15 team are supposed to be serious aswell.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGCorkHurlingML View Post
I saw that Midleton team play. Serious players like the likes of Brendan 'butty' McCarthy from Carrigtwohill, Dan Landers from Killeagh, Billy Dunne from Fr O Neills and Kevin Moynihan from Russell Rovers. They destroyed every school in Cork this year. The U15 team are supposed to be serious aswell.
Cork Colleges (1st years ) final on Friday in CIT , 7.00 pm , Midleton CBS v Christians
Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocky View Post

Any idea of the names of the lads for Duhallow?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhallowLad View Post
Any idea of the names of the lads for Duhallow?
Sean Howard is one
Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Cork Colleges (1st years ) final on Friday in CIT , 7.00 pm , Midleton CBS v Christians
CBC? Did we ever think we'd see the day?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 AM

CBC have plenty of good hurlers these days. Besides the city lads, they have loads of Sarsfields lads starting, plus a lad from Midleton (if I'm thinking of the right group).

Of course we will hammer them.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Any game on before it.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:54 AM

CBC playing hurling those Rugby wankers will go nuts. Fair play to the brave hurling coach up there