Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-02-2018, 09:20 PM

Always seemed a decent and clever guy (one could be catty and add ‘for a boxer’)
Old 20-02-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwards dad View Post
Always seemed a decent and clever guy (one could be catty and add ‘for a boxer’)
Yeah, caught him a few times on OTB on a Sunday morning while on long drives and always find him a decent, knowledge and interesting lad.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:55 AM
dan ball

"When Andy Lee landed that punch the lights went out in Broadway" Andy fighting Carl Daniels in MSG.

Great ambassador for Ireland, very likeable and knowledgeable guy, surely a career in training ahead.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:33 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Strange medical issue for one of the fights on the Wilder/Ortiz undercard, fight was delayed.

Jez, the two Sky commentators don't like Dirrell at all.

Last edited by TopicGrinder; 04-03-2018 at 03:58 AM..
Old 04-03-2018, 03:31 PM

I was pretty sure Ortiz would knock Wilder out ... and I was nearly right! Wilder has definitely gone up in my estimation. He took a lot of punishment in that fight and stayed upright. As it got into the later rounds I guess it was getting more likely that the younger man would prevail. But I'm very surprised that Wilder was able to get to those rounds.

We knew Wilder had power. We'd seen him take a ounch or two - now we know he can take a lot of them. We also know that he is dangerous even when he looks like he's on the back foot. Definitely a big fight for Joshua.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:19 PM

All 3 cards had Wilder in front.

Not in this house.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBhoy View Post
All 3 cards had Wilder in front.

Not in this house.
I had Wilder winning 2 rounds. The fight with Joshua should happen later this year and it's really hard to call. We seen Joshua being dropped by a past it klitschko and lucky not to lose the fight. Wilder is a terrible boxer with a cracking right hand, it won't go the distance that's for sure. If ye have not already heard of him, check out Daniel Dubois, young British heavyweight, a monster.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:06 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Interesting read from McKenna

https://www.independent.ie/sport/oth...-36670728.html

Ewan MacKenna: Boxing to Daniel Kinahan is what football was to Pablo Escobar - and it's choking the sport in Ireland
Old 06-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Canelo on goofballs. Not one thing gonna happen about it.

A disgrace
Old 06-03-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat_boy View Post
I had Wilder winning 2 rounds. The fight with Joshua should happen later this year and it's really hard to call. We seen Joshua being dropped by a past it klitschko and lucky not to lose the fight. Wilder is a terrible boxer with a cracking right hand, it won't go the distance that's for sure. If ye have not already heard of him, check out Daniel Dubois, young British heavyweight, a monster.
I really like Dubois. Still only a kid but really looks the part. Very hard to get him fights that will test him properly at this stage of his career.

At a slightly lower weight is Anthony Yarde who looks really good. Went a few rounds the last time out but he probably needed them.