Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-05-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBBER22 View Post
Possible but unlikely, if you had any wits about you, you would stop the car and not try to keep driving. From the description this guy was trying to drive straight but was making little progress with it. Alcohol or another drug is to blame I reckon. Innocent or not the right thing to do is stop the car, notify somebody whether that be an emergency service or a friend/relative and make no further attempt to drive.
pretty sure a seizure takes the wits about you away
Old 27-05-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMountainThyme View Post
Maybe he was in the middle of an innocent seizure whilst driving?
Good question: I thought of every scenario including that one. The guy was young, approx 18-22, had a passenger of similar age. Both had same style haircuts, same age. the picture in that instant struck me as being:

Two guys out drinking in an out of way place: got carried away: no way home other than driving: put drink into the equation = really bad judgement i.e. drive home out of the place. I have a picture of the driver and the car and his passenger in my head.

I also know that by habit he will turn up again at the same place. There is only two places they can park and go to drink. I frequent both places regularly as it is a bushing place as well as being a kiddy park. They are young and stupid and might do this again in the same place.

If they got away with it this time then they will do it again. I will be watching for them.
Old 27-05-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualLab View Post
Good question: I thought of every scenario including that one. The guy was young, approx 18-22, had a passenger of similar age. Both had same style haircuts, same age. the picture in that instant struck me as being:

Two guys out drinking in an out of way place: got carried away: no way home other than driving: put drink into the equation = really bad judgement i.e. drive home out of the place. I have a picture of the driver and the car and his passenger in my head.

I also know that by habit he will turn up again at the same place. There is only two places they can park and go to drink. I frequent both places regularly as it is a bushing place as well as being a kiddy park. They are young and stupid and might do this again in the same place.

If they got away with it this time then they will do it again. I will be watching for them.
Maybe they were twins and were both in the middle of a seizure. You know the way twins have that weird shit going on
Old 27-05-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
I will be watching for them.
Old 27-05-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Wrong side of road, high speed, didn't slow down when came close, swerved out of way of car behind me i.e. slow reaction time, mounted kurb down the road and almost crashed.

Definately drunk. It was damned close. If I didn't have the oppurtunity of turning of the road into the left turn space at that immediate time I would have had to mount the kurb myself and crash to avoid a head on collision. I have my eye out for him and If I see him in the general area again I will follow and have him. PS I am asking locals about the car make colour, description of driver etc. The next time I see that car in that area I'm going to track him down and sort him out.
May as well take out your neighbours too. They been giving you grief for a while?
Old 27-05-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
The only thing that pisses me off is I didn't get the reg. Then I would be able to catch up with him more quickly. Nothing stupid like. I would just put him off the road by putting a bag of sugar in the bastards fuel tank.

But anyways, thanks dobber for understanding. I think that I am still in shock really. Deffo needed this release to get it out of system.
Where did the alleged offence happen?

B
Old 27-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
That was my first thought when I saw the car on wrong side of road but it was not a hire car. Plus after I pulled over I was watching him in the mirror and he mounted a curb further on. Clearly drunk no doubt about that.

I was going to turn and follow, track him and phone guards to locate him because I was concerned that he would plough into other people. To much in shock though and kids in back of car etc.
The only thing worse than the "Almost" post that Balsaq mentioned is the "I would have, only" or the "I was going to do this, but" post. You left a dangerous driver off to face no consequences and free to do it again. Shame on you
Old 27-05-2012, 09:07 AM

Next time, stop, take out your phone, and take a photo of the car.
Old 27-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The bastard was on the wrong side of the road driving at high speed. I had 2 small kids in the back of the car. By pure luck I was just before a right turn and swerved into it and out of his way just in time.

I remember the car and the drivers face. If I catch up with the son of a bitch I will be on that bastards doorstep with a fucking bat. A few seconds of a difference and we could have been in hospital or dead.
I was talking the racing line lad you were just in me way. Back markers lik you affecting me chance of getting pole position
Old 27-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBBER22 View Post
Probably got his drivers license off the back of a Cornflakes box back in the 70's. The standard of drivers on the roads is dangerously poor. People think the indicator stalk is there for decoration and constantly take the most ridiculously dangerous risks.
Friend of mine once told me when he was explaining the indicator stick and it's function to a learner driver one time and the lad turned around and said "Why do i need to know that for everyone knows where i am going."