Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Cool

[QUOTE=Smeggle;428120 6]I have finally come to the conclusion that all you require to obtain a job in the Insurance arena is a distinct lack of common sense, an authoritarian attitude and the simple ability to repeat verbatim inane rules designed specifically to send a normal sane person into the depths of depression and mental illness.

This isn't true Smeggle.
Based on scant information, insurers or brokers can give a premium indication but not a legally binding quotation.
Apart from the standard questions such as DOB, occupation, type of car and address, "material facts" such as endorsements or the taking of prescribed medication have to be disclosed to the insurer. Once all relevant information has been furnished then the proposer can be put into the correct quotation category.
Insurers need a "gowl" category for certain types of proposer who object to answering questions though.

"How much would it cost to insure a red Ford Fiesta"!

Last edited by Lee Bushwacker; 28-05-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 23-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Dealing with insurance companies direct are a joke! I contacted 4 of them directly when I was going out on my own insurance a few years ago and they all came in with quotes ranging from €800 to €1200

I got in contact with an Insurance broker and gave them all my details and they came back with an insurance quote of €490 fully comprehensive. The only aditional charges is a yearly €25 euro administration fee from the broker. I can't figure out how they did it but to be honest I don't really care!!
Old 28-05-2012, 02:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora's bosca View Post
Dealing with insurance companies direct are a joke! I contacted 4 of them directly when I was going out on my own insurance a few years ago and they all came in with quotes ranging from €800 to €1200

I got in contact with an Insurance broker and gave them all my details and they came back with an insurance quote of €490 fully comprehensive. The only aditional charges is a yearly €25 euro administration fee from the broker. I can't figure out how they did it but to be honest I don't really care!!

Going to a recognised broker is the best idea Pandora. They check the market for the best rate for individual cover needs. They are entitled to charge "brokerage" i.e. an administration fee. However it's well worth it availing of their services to avoid time-wasting headaches.
O'Learys on the South Mall have always been excellent imo!
Old 28-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Banned

one two three dot ie, just log on and save money.