Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 31-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

"Good Mourning"

I actually agree to a certain extent. Chelsea wearing get well t shirts for Petrov like ffs. T
Call me cynical but I think they're trying to improve the image of the club. Nothing more.
Old 31-03-2012, 04:54 PM

I saw a load of scarves laid outside Boltons ground a few weeks ago on bbcs site and presumed, having been offline all day, that he was dead

Pathetic really

Suarez and Terry will be begging for that Fabrice photo opp
Old 14-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Jaysus. Just got a text and then googled to confirm. RIP Livorno midfielder Morisini. That's very sad.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/04/14/m...-heart-attack/
Old 16-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Fabrice Muamba leaves hospital one month after heart attack.

Bolton Wanderers footballer Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from hospital almost a month to the day he suffered a cardiac arrest during a game. The midfielder collapsed on the pitch in the first half of Bolton's FA Cup quarter-final at Tottenham Hotspur on March 17, with the game subsequently being abandoned.

The footballer mutually paid his tribute to the hospital, saying in a statement:

"I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care.

Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support. Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."

– Fabrice Muamba, Bolton Wanderers

Old 16-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet j View Post
That's fab
Old 16-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet j View Post
Fabrice Muamba leaves hospital one month after heart attack.

Bolton Wanderers footballer Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from hospital almost a month to the day he suffered a cardiac arrest during a game. The midfielder collapsed on the pitch in the first half of Bolton's FA Cup quarter-final at Tottenham Hotspur on March 17, with the game subsequently being abandoned.

The footballer mutually paid his tribute to the hospital, saying in a statement:

"I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care.

Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support. Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."

– Fabrice Muamba, Bolton Wanderers

What a recovery brilliant
Old 16-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Brilliant, delighted for him. Hats off to all the medical staff aswell. They've done a great job.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Old 08-05-2012, 11:53 AM

The end of the season in Moldovan U-16 Football League was darkened by a tragedy for one of the leading teams when a team member collapsed and died.

On Sunday, the team representing the Sports School of the city of Orhei was in reach of the Division “A” title, leading 3 – 0 against the visiting side from the Sports School of Ungheni.

Ten minutes to the final whistle, a player of the host team, 16-year-old Roman Lungu collapsed on the field. All attempts to resuscitate the youngster undertaken by the team medic were unsuccessful. Due to an ambulance delay Roman had to be driven to the hospital in a simple car, the young player was declared dead shortly after arrival.

As the results of the autopsy have shown, the teenager died of a cardiac arrest presumably caused by the weather conditions on the match day. The teens took the field at 2 p.m, on a sunny day with a 30 degrees Celsius heat. According to the team doctor, Roman Lungu had a perfect health record and never experienced problems prior to the day.

A devoted football fan, Roman played the game from the age of 11 and was the captain of the Orhei Sports School team. His funeral is set to take place Wednesday.

45-0
Old 15-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Muamba has retired on medical advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19265338

Hope he is able to make a life for himself in something else.