Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-03-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
ffs, its obvious he's concentrating on the cup at the weekend, do you know anything about the game?
We've a cup game at the weekend aswell. Not a good enough excuse.
Old 13-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne gayle View Post
I hate to be the one to piss in the jelly here lads but I never thought Moyes was a great manager.His constant endless references to how Liverpool have more money than him and he has to survive on a shoestring piss me off.If he could actually shut the fuck about it for two minutes I would be amazed.
I don't necessarily agree that keeping Everton in the top seven or whatever for 10 years is such a great achievement.All of those mid-table teams are much of a muchness and around the same standard.In no danger of relegation but no chance of getting into the top four.
I read his interview in last Sunday's Times and it seemed to be very self-congratulatory in tone. He is obsessed with Liverpool and I suppose as long as he gives them the odd victory over them now and then they will be happy.
If he had any ambition he would have moved to a bigger club long ago but I assume is because he knows he would be found out.
In short,he's a bollocks.
My Moyes has Mr Gayle rattled to the very core!Tonight doesn't change the fact that Moyes has turned a club that was fighting relegation every year into one that finishes in the top half of the premiership every year.What would he have achieved with a bigger budget and if he didn't have to sell his star players?I think he'd make better use of 30 million pounds than blow it on Andy Carroll!
Old 14-03-2012, 05:48 AM

To be fair to Moyes he has, on the whole, done a good job at Everton often under challenging financial circumstances.

On a personal level I dare say he regrets not being offered a chance at a club with slightly loftier ambitions (and deeper pockets) but these chances are few and far between especially when the foreign names competing for those jobs can point to European success and league titles in their home countries on their cv.

He has inspired great team spirit in his Everton sides but it remains to be seen if he'd succeed at a bigger club with a different set of pressures to deal with.

I wonder if the manager merry-go-round in the next few seasons will see the likes of Spurs or United take a punt on him?
Old 14-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post

He has inspired great team spirit in his Everton sides but it remains to be seen if he'd succeed at a bigger club with a different set of pressures to deal with.

I agree.

It is too difficult to assess whether he can take a step up yet. I believe there are plenty of managers who could have done exactly what he has done at Everton, competent and all that he has been. One could hardly have asked for more from him, yet I suspect that many Prem managers and quite a few from lower tiers could have done the same job. He's had it easy for me.

And I certainly wouldn't want him getting his first shot to prove himself at the club I follow (Man City).
Old 14-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
I hate to be the one to piss in the jelly here lads but I never thought Moyes was a great manager.His constant endless references to how Liverpool have more money than him and he has to survive on a shoestring piss me off.If he could actually shut the fuck about it for two minutes I would be amazed.
I don't necessarily agree that keeping Everton in the top seven or whatever for 10 years is such a great achievement.All of those mid-table teams are much of a muchness and around the same standard.In no danger of relegation but no chance of getting into the top four.
I read his interview in last Sunday's Times and it seemed to be very self-congratulatory in tone. He is obsessed with Liverpool and I suppose as long as he gives them the odd victory over them now and then they will be happy.
If he had any ambition he would have moved to a bigger club long ago but I assume is because he knows he would be found out.
In short,he's a bollocks.
What is he supposed to do? Wake up one day and decide he is going to be Chelsea manager
Old 14-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'mere View Post
I agree.

It is too difficult to assess whether he can take a step up yet. I believe there are plenty of managers who could have done exactly what he has done at Everton, competent and all that he has been. One could hardly have asked for more from him, yet I suspect that many Prem managers and quite a few from lower tiers could have done the same job. He's had it easy for me.

And I certainly wouldn't want him getting his first shot to prove himself at the club I follow (Man City).
Yeah real easy no money owning a lot of big clubs most seasons yours included and challenging for a uefa spot most seasons.
Old 14-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
What is he supposed to do? Wake up one day and decide he is going to be Chelsea manager
I just think it's a load of shit all these people praising him for staying at a club where expectations are low. He's in the comfort zone there, if he moves out of it he would probably end up getting sacked and would find it difficult to get another premiership job. I suspect he knows that and is quite happy to stay there and have all the bluenoses licking his arse.
Old 14-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I just think it's a load of shit all these people praising him for staying at a club where expectations are low. He's in the comfort zone there, if he moves out of it he would probably end up getting sacked and would find it difficult to get another premiership job. I suspect he knows that and is quite happy to stay there and have all the bluenoses licking his arse.
He needs to be offered a job to move.
Old 14-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Hes done a decent job but until he moves to a club that can challenge the top 4, or Everton get a cash injection, the jurys still out on whether he can hack it at the very top level.

He could be another sparky hughes.
Old 14-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
He needs to be offered a job to move.
He was definitley offered jobs, I am sure of that. He's just too chickenshit to take them.
As long as Liverpool keep finishing above them in the league his job is safe. He can keep using his excuse of "Liverpool have more money than me". You've only said it about twenty million fucking times David. Yes Liverpool have more money than you. Deal with it.