Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
British Intelligence or Hitler doing strategy on the back of an envelope, curiously the Military History channel says the latter.
Heh heh Heh, I see you're coming down with a case of 2meitis, try reading a few books.
Old 20-02-2012, 11:34 PM

To be clear, I was talking about the reason the elite Panzer divisions requested on numerous occasions by German commanders in Normandy were not there when needed.

Hitler wanted to keep the deployment of certain divisions to himself. That said, if they had been deployed, the D-day landings would not have failed but would have been significantly delayed in its progress.
Old 20-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Hadn't seen your post. Read books? War strategy is a hobby of mine. Difference between you and I is I can acknowledge the role played by the extensive misinformation campaign exercised along the south coast including the mock up of artillery, tanks and billets etc., whereas you can't acknowledge that Hitler fucked up royally, thankfully, on many occasions during the war and this was one of the crucial ones.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Hadn't seen your post. Read books? War strategy is a hobby of mine. Difference between you and I is I can acknowledge the role played by the extensive misinformation campaign exercised along the south coast including the mock up of artillery, tanks and billets etc., whereas you can't acknowledge that Hitler fucked up royally, thankfully, on many occasions during the war and this was one of the crucial ones.
The Germans were under the impression that Patton was in command of the fake army.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Au contrarie, the fact that Hitler was as mad as a balloon is common knowledge. What is not, is that cracking the Lorenz cypher won the allies the war, like I said, British intelligence, best in the world.
Old 21-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Piehead View Post
Au contrarie, the fact that Hitler was as mad as a balloon is common knowledge. What is not, is that cracking the Lorenz cypher won the allies the war, like I said, British intelligence, best in the world.
And unlike Irish Intelligence that's not an oxymoron.
Old 21-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Me thinks there is only one oxymoron here .................... .................... ....
Old 21-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

Hip hip howay for Bwitian.Boo to those silly Iwish.
Old 21-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Being on the winning side broke the English bank after the war when the yanks started looking for the war loans back. The only country at war which was not effected by bombings was the USA and thanks to the wartime industry they along with Russia came to be the two super powers.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Being on the winning side broke the English bank after the war when the yanks started looking for the war loans back. The only country at war which was not effected by bombings was the USA and thanks to the wartime industry they along with Russia came to be the two super powers.
What did the Japs drop on Pearl Harbor so ? Abusive language , used condoms , rotten eggs ???

Jokes aside they didn't suffer prolonged bombing campaigns like the rest of the main players in the War , but the Japs had this mad plan to bomb mainland America using helium balloons on a timer. They weren't much success with most of them either blown miles off course or exploding in the middle of no where. The Japs invaded Alaska too with a tiny expedition force. It was really more a suicide mission to distract American forces there and to fool them into thinking an invasion was coming from there.