Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROC Tech View Post
We'd love to add those. The problems is that lots of "country" buses have different terminus stops depending on the time of the service.

For example the Cork-Ringaskiddy bus often only goes as far as Monkstown or very occasionally goes that bit further to Haulbowline.

This is very awkward for the algorithm we wrote for the city buses for which there is always a definite start and end point to the route. We'd have to re-write the script to compensate for this. It's not a trivial task unfortunately.

Leave it with us though, it's something we'd like to add.
Might be able to compensate by renaming the routes based on the terminus.
So for the Cork-Ringaskiddy, 223, you could divide it into 223Monkstown, 223Ringaskiddy and 223Haulbowline.

Of course, CIE should do that anyway as they are technically different routes, but that's probably asking too much.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We discussed something like that before and it's definitely workable. It'll be a matter of picking the least worst solution from both a practical coding perspective and how it is presented on the app. It's also a matter of time and wading through the widely varying timetables.
Old 16-07-2012, 02:26 PM

Couple of updates to the app now available on Android today and the iPrison version will be available later today or early tomorrow.

Updates will download automatically for most users that have the app installed.

New additions include a menu (pictured above) that makes the app easier to navigate.
Old 16-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Any updates to the forum navigation side of things? Could really do with some loving..
Old 16-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Any chance you could stop the app from logging me out everytime I put the phone down
Old 16-07-2012, 04:56 PM

ye could have a section where the lads could rate the quality of beores in whatever pub they're in. this would degrade over time like an ant's pheromone trail.
Old 16-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_didnt_do_nawtin View Post
ye could have a section where the lads could rate the quality of beores in whatever pub they're in. this would degrade over time like an ant's pheromone trail.
That's...

that's...

Just genius.... Pure genius...
Old 16-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastesLikeChicken View Post
That's...

that's...

Just genius.... Pure genius...
He's nicked that one:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/29/30...-artist-smooth
Old 23-07-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastesLikeChicken View Post
Any updates to the forum navigation side of things? Could really do with some loving..
The only page we can control is the first forum page on the app where you see a list of the latest topics. Everything else is just a third party template skin we installed.

We run vBulletin 3.8.6 - the same as boards.ie vBulletin 4.x has been out for a while but a large number of bigger boards have installed it and then reverted back to 3.x (boards included) as it has a lot of bugs to be ironed out.

4.X has a very nice mobile skin that is a lot easier to navigate so when we are happy to upgrade to 4.x (we even own the license) that skin will also be integrated into the app.

Boards.ie developed their own mobile skin called Touch. It is not for sale or use on other forums.
Old 23-07-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat d shaker View Post
Any chance you could stop the app from logging me out everytime I put the phone down
That's annoying.

Is your handset running iOS or Android?

If you have ever forced the app to close/stop then there might be some cache/cookie issue. Try uninstalling the app and re-installing it again from iTunes/market.

If that doesn't work email us tech@peoplesrepublic ofcork.com