Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback above.

The iphone issue seems to be resolved. You should now be able to view this forum in the mobile skin. If you can't and you see the full version like what you normally see on a laptop please let us know tech@peoplesrepublic ofcork.com and tell us what phone you have.

Thanks for your email Merowech.

FYI, down the road we would definitely like to make the app multi-lingual and include Irish also. There are different ways to do it but inevitably the android and iphone binaries would have to be updated (i.e. you'd have to download a new version). Something we don't want to get into this side of 2012.

Also the amount of work in translations is expensive and time consuming so if it turns out that its being used regularly by many people then we'll certainly consider it. For example there's no way we could have every gig listing translated into several different languages.
But we could have multilingual menu options etc or tie it in with google translate (which might be just plain funny!).
Old 30-11-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_need_for_a_name View Post
Nice app lads..well done. Using it on iPhone 3GS. Any chance of adding the Cork-Blarney-Tower bus route?!! I live there so would be handy!!! Selfish i know sorry! Will pass this on definately.
Nice one.

It's not selfish! We are the People's Republic so we'll try to get you what you want.

The "country" routes are slightly different in how they are timetabled to the city routes. With city routes there is only ever one bus and it travels the entire route. With country buses in some cases there can be a bus to X and then a change or a wait before it goes on to the route terminus Y.

In the case of the 223 for example - sometimes it terminates at Ringaskiddy. At other times it only goes as far as Monkstown. That doesn't slot into the city algorithm so it'll have to be rejigged down the line.

That involves another layer of complexity. Do-able obviously but we just drew a line at city buses to get it up and running. Again, if there's demand we'll try to set aside some time for it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Senior PROC Member

Yup

The links to the forum and all work now .

Bus timetable is the shizzle ....
Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROC Tech View Post
Nice one.

It's not selfish! We are the People's Republic so we'll try to get you what you want.

The "country" routes are slightly different in how they are timetabled to the city routes. With city routes there is only ever one bus and it travels the entire route. With country buses in some cases there can be a bus to X and then a change or a wait before it goes on to the route terminus Y.

In the case of the 223 for example - sometimes it terminates at Ringaskiddy. At other times it only goes as far as Monkstown. That doesn't slot into the city algorithm so it'll have to be rejigged down the line.

That involves another layer of complexity. Do-able obviously but we just drew a line at city buses to get it up and running. Again, if there's demand we'll try to set aside some time for it.
Cheers! The bus timetable is class alright..its the little things really! Would be great to see more added but i understand it takes a lot of extra work!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:00 PM

Added a section for slang in the last few days. We might get some audio files going with this too for the craic albeit each one would have to be streamed and wouldn't come as part of the download to your phone.

Articles now open within the app itself and do not redirect to a browser.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROC Tech View Post
Added a section for slang in the last few days. We might get some audio files going with this too for the craic albeit each one would have to be streamed and wouldn't come as part of the download to your phone.

Articles now open within the app itself and do not redirect to a browser.

I'll donate my Vocal talents if you need ...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Senior PROC Member

Fantastic work man, I recently just created my second Android App - which was a hangman game(I don't even own an android device yet like, I'm running the app on Eclipse at the mo) but I must say the layout and interface has been well thought out covered really well given the restrictions that you get with such a large range of devices, it could have been so easy for you to do a half assed job, with a shitty version of the site thrown into a program, you could even have charged for it, the app is fairly shit hot, good job!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:47 AM

Good stuff lads. Any chance of a Blackberry Version?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 AM

I downloaded it a week ago or so, using it on my HTC Sensation. First it was fine, but now I have some Array displayed on the top. There are phone numbers of the venues visible.
Will get a screenshot sooner or later.

Anyone else has these problems?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merowech View Post
I downloaded it a week ago or so, using it on my HTC Sensation. First it was fine, but now I have some Array displayed on the top. There are phone numbers of the venues visible.
Will get a screenshot sooner or later.

Anyone else has these problems?
This is because there was some debugging going on at the time. You shouldn't see this normally (and right now its turned off). After some recent changes the app wasn't picking up venue phone numbers and GPS locations so we had to display the arrays on the app to locate the exact problem.

Always post problems like this though, its appreciated.