Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-03-2011, 10:36 PM

Default Growing your own weed in Cork

Havnt smoked a joint in about 3 years but used to be fond of the stuff for years. Am after getting into gardening the last few years and recenty with Spring coming, I've been thinking a lot about growing a plant or two, more out of interest than anything else.
Has anyone done this in Cork? I've googled and theres too many different methods. I just want the one that works Also wheres the best place to get the seeds in Cork?
Old 18-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Not that I'm an expert or anything.......

If you've a private back garden they're fairly easy to grow outdoors, I've seen plants over 6' tall growing outdoors in Ireland. Start them off in propagator indoors about now, They should be ready to plant out in 2-3 weeks. Lash of tomato food(they have very similar nutritional needs) every few days and Roberts your mothers brother. There is no need to go more complicated than that unless you want to be growing some weird type of super skunk.

There used to be a place next door to the dole office that used to sell seeds, Not sure if it is still there. When you but the seeds, buy a book too.

ALLEGEDLY....
You may not be pro-child abuse, but you sure as hell turn a blind eye to it at times
Old 18-03-2011, 10:55 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsYeah View Post
Havnt smoked a joint in about 3 years but used to be fond of the stuff for years. Am after getting into gardening the last few years and recenty with Spring coming, I've been thinking a lot about growing a plant or two, more out of interest than anything else.
Has anyone done this in Cork? I've googled and theres too many different methods. I just want the one that works Also wheres the best place to get the seeds in Cork?
you dont want to be growing plants that reach 6 foot for obvious reasons, what you want is an auto-flowering lowryder i.e. a plant that wont grow above 2 feet and has no vegitave stage, it begins its flowering cycle immeadiately. some strains will grow fairly well outdoors like lowryder ak47. from seed to harvest in 2 months. the yield is pretty low, about an oz per plant , but they are fairly inconspicuous, so grow a few of them ! get feminized seeds so you're not messing around with isolating males. dunno if they are available in cork but no problem getting them posted in.
or so ive heard.........
let us know how you get on
Old 18-03-2011, 11:02 PM

Thanks for the replies lads.

I was planning on keeping the plants in the house under a south facing window. Would those 2 foot "auto-flowering lowryder" plants also grow indoors do you know?

I'm feel a bit dodgy about ordering the seeds with a credit card online
Old 18-03-2011, 11:11 PM

The seeds themselves are not illegal. They are used in bird feeds and the like. Its the growing part that is frowned upon.
You may not be pro-child abuse, but you sure as hell turn a blind eye to it at times
Old 18-03-2011, 11:13 PM

Grew one 10 yrs ago in cork started in a takeaway dish
On the window,in about 2/3 months if was about 4 ft high
Broke the stem of it though changing it to a bigger pot
Great fun watching it grow though used nick me mothers
Plant food for it when I was down for the sunday roast.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Does the place out the quay by Paul St. car park not sell the seeds?
Old 18-03-2011, 11:18 PM

If you are growing indoors you are going to have to go the full indoor route of lights etc. Just putting them by the window is no good.

Mad on North Main Street sell feminized Lowryder for about 50 quid for four seeds. Yer only looking at about an ounce a plant but it's still a massive profit for the price if you're only looking for a bit of smoke for yourself or a few of your mates.

There is some really good strains that do amazing outdoors here though. I don't know why so many naysayers say it can't be done. Purple Power is another good one. Serious smoke not to be laughed at, like.

I know people that do it with great success so I'm giving it a bash this year myself. Most heads I've talked to in person and online have said to start germinating in early April and plant them out after two weeks. We are due a late frost though so be wide.

Put up a bit of chicken wire, scatter a few slug pellets around, use cow manure if you can source it and prepare it in the soil a few weeks before hand and your just about sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandang View Post
you dont want to be growing plants that reach 6 foot for obvious reasons, what you want is an auto-flowering lowryder i.e. a plant that wont grow above 2 feet and has no vegitave stage, it begins its flowering cycle immeadiately. some strains will grow fairly well outdoors like lowryder ak47. from seed to harvest in 2 months. the yield is pretty low, about an oz per plant , but they are fairly inconspicuous, so grow a few of them ! get feminized seeds so you're not messing around with isolating males. dunno if they are available in cork but no problem getting them posted in.
or so ive heard.........
let us know how you get on
You know yer stuff and I'm still a bit naive here but can you germinate outdoors? I don't want the plant dying on me but the gf, casual toker though she is, wouldn't approve of a hash plant hanging out the window.

Pretty much anything I'm doing is at my uh ... spot.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsYeah View Post
Thanks for the replies lads.

I was planning on keeping the plants in the house under a south facing window. Would those 2 foot "auto-flowering lowryder" plants also grow indoors do you know?

I'm feel a bit dodgy about ordering the seeds with a credit card online
they'll grow fine indoors as long as they get plenty of sunlight. germinate them and then straight into 5 litre pots. if you're growing indoors you might try a different strain than the one i mentioned. i only said ak47 coz they're fairly hardy.i'ld wait untill the middle/end of may to start, just to maximise the amount of light they get. google irish seed bank and you might get someone local selling them, but i know guys who have bought online and there was no problems. seeds arent illeagal in this country.
Old 19-03-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Street Elite View Post
If you are growing indoors you are going to have to go the full indoor route of lights etc. Just putting them by the window is no good.

Mad on North Main Street sell feminized Lowryder for about 50 quid for four seeds. Yer only looking at about an ounce a plant but it's still a massive profit for the price if you're only looking for a bit of smoke for yourself or a few of your mates.

There is some really good strains that do amazing outdoors here though. I don't know why so many naysayers say it can't be done. Purple Power is another good one. Serious smoke not to be laughed at, like.

I know people that do it with great success so I'm giving it a bash this year myself. Most heads I've talked to in person and online have said to start germinating in early April and plant them out after two weeks. We are due a late frost though so be wide.

Put up a bit of chicken wire, scatter a few slug pellets around, use cow manure if you can source it and prepare it in the soil a few weeks before hand and your just about sorted.

You know yer stuff and I'm still a bit naive here but can you germinate outdoors? I don't want the plant dying on me but the gf, casual toker though she is, wouldn't approve of a hash plant hanging out the window.

Pretty much anything I'm doing is at my uh ... spot.
germinate it at home and give it about a fortnight, so you are putting it out as a seedling. at that stage it doesnt look anything like a grass plant so your gf wouldnt even know. if you can put it under a flourescent light , about 20hrs light/ 4hrs dark for those 2 weeks but dont panic if you cant. i would also think twice about using any kind of manure , bar guam (bat shit) as this may affect the flavour. you can plant ak47 straight into the ground , mix it with a little compost, but most of the other lowryders would want to be potted. you could bury the pot in the ground if you were worried about it being spotted. try and check it weekly to make sure it hasnt dried out, trim the leaves etc. and make sure it gets its nutrients