Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
DownPana DownPana is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 423
Default Man jumps in front of oncoming train in Cork

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1110/rail.html

A man has been killed on the main railway line between Cork and Dublin.

The accident happened just after 2pm near the village of Elton, located between Charleville and Tipperary town.

Investigations are being carried out into the circumstances of the mans death by gardaí and Iarnród Éireann.

Rail services have been suspended on the line, and bus services are operating between Charleville and Limerick Junction.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
sweet j sweet j is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownPana View Post
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1110/rail.html

A man has been killed on the main railway line between Cork and Dublin.

The accident happened just after 2pm near the village of Elton, located between Charleville and Tipperary town.

Investigations are being carried out into the circumstances of the mans death by gardaí and Iarnród Éireann.

Rail services have been suspended on the line, and bus services are operating between Charleville and Limerick Junction.
It's very sad...went for a walk earlier down by the Marina, they were searching the river looking for someone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Persephone Persephone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Yooo Kay
Posts: 53,780
Default

*puts cunt hat on*

erm no

*takes hat off*

it doesn't say anything in the article that he jumped
__________________
Genius = 1% inspiration + 99% full coverage foundation
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
DownPana DownPana is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
*puts cunt hat on*

erm no

*takes hat off*

it doesn't say anything in the article that he jumped
Yes, because people just "fall" in front of trains every day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Persephone Persephone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Yooo Kay
Posts: 53,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownPana View Post
Yes, because people just "fall" in front of trains every day.
Oh I see we're going to play that game are we.

People don't jump in front of trains every day either.

The simple fact is you don't know exactly what happened so you can roll your eyes all you want gowl.
__________________
Genius = 1% inspiration + 99% full coverage foundation
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Starpilot Starpilot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Oh I see we're going to play that game are we.

People don't jump in front of trains every day either.

The simple fact is you don't know exactly what happened so you can roll your eyes all you want gowl.
Agreed.

R.I.P.
__________________
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
RutlandStreet RutlandStreet is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 73,907
Default

Change the thread title, this could be an accident. no one knows.


RIP
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Persephone Persephone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Yooo Kay
Posts: 53,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RutlandStreet View Post
Change the thread title, this could be an accident. no one knows.


RIP
Didn't you know rutty people don't just 'fall'
__________________
Genius = 1% inspiration + 99% full coverage foundation
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
RutlandStreet RutlandStreet is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 73,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Didn't you know rutty people don't just 'fall'
Yep, 'jump' to conclusions often enough though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Kielys Baby Batter Kielys Baby Batter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: IMFucked
Posts: 1,023
Default

Thought they didnt report accidents like this?

My parents were delayed twice coming home from Dublin in July, two people committed suicide within a few hours of each other.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








PROC Gig Guide
We Cut Corners & Support Liza Flume
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

Saturday 26th April @ 8:30 pm


PROC Gig Guide
Moo!
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St., 11:30 pm

Monday Music Session
Coughlan's, Douglas St., 9:30 pm

Mockingbird
Fred Zeppelins, Parliament St., 6pm

Tommy McNulty
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St., 9pm

Open Mic
Bru, 9pm

Hank Wedel and Ray Barron
Charlie's, Union Quay, 9:30 pm

The Lee Sessions
An Spailpín Fánach, South Main St., 9:30 pm

One Horse Pony
The Franciscan Well, North Mall, 9:30 pm

Under The Skin (15a) - World Book Fest 2014
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St., 8:45 pm

Magic Magic (15a)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St., 6:30 pm

Le Week-end
Briery Gap, Macroom, 8:30 pm

We Were There
Cork Arts Theatre, Carroll's Quay, 8pm

My Education, My Future
James Barry Exhibition Centre, CIT Bishopstown Cam, 10am

Views: An Exhibition By Elisenda Caamano
The Beggarman, Gillabbey Street, 6pm

Monday Night Super Quiz with Colm Lougheed
The Woodford, Paul St., 9:30 pm


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.