Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownPana View Post
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ai-135321.html

Aer Lingus to complain radio host’s sex act to garda

AER LINGUS is in the process of making a formal complaint to gardaí following an incident in which high-profile radio presenter Neil Prendeville exposed himself in public view on a flight between London and Cork.

Mr Prendeville, 49, who presents Cork’s 96FM flagship daily morning show, was a passenger on Aer Lingus flight EI725 scheduled to leave at 10.15pm from London Heathrow to Cork on October 19 last.

As the jet taxied for take-off Mr Prendeville was seen to expose himself and masturbate as he sat in his seat. Mr Prendeville was seated in the front row of the aircraft facing two air hostesses. He was flanked by a female passenger to his right in a window seat and a male passenger to his left in an aisle seat.

When the aircraft was in the air an air hostess intervened and spoke with Mr Prendeville and the two passengers. Reports on the incident have been compiled by the crew of the Aer Lingus flight. These reports are in the possession of the airline’s head of security Mark Dunphy and form the basis of the airline’s investigation.

Yesterday, Mr Dunphy contacted the female passenger and told her that Aer Lingus has concluded its investigation. He said the airline would be making a formal complaint to gardaí.

Since the incident Mr Prendeville left a voice message on the telephone of the young woman who was sitting beside him, in which he said: "I just wanted to apologise to you for any offence that I might have caused you." He said he had no recollection of the incident and that when he was told about it he was "shocked and horrified". "I have no recollection whatsoever. I’m in shock, you know, I really am. I took some Nurofen Plus alright, I know that, for my neck. And as you know, with me anyway there was pints and wine and stuff and Jesus I don’t know where I’d begin to make it up to you," he said on the voicemail.

Prior to the incident Mr Prendeville had spent the day in London as a guest of the Cork Convention Bureau. Cork Lord Mayor Michael O’Connell, Cork county mayor Jim Daly and Cork Convention Bureau (CCB) chairman Seamus Heaney led the delegation.

Mr Prendeville was one of a number of guests of the CCB who were entertained, prior to the flight, at celebrity chef Richard Corrigan’s Bentley’s Restaurant.

Mr Prendeville’s show is the most listened-to talk show on local radio in Ireland with almost 100,000 listeners each day.

Mr Prendeville declined several attempts to comment when contacted by an Irish Examiner reporter last night.
How did he get her number?

48-0
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostmeringtopaddypow er View Post
Wait a second, he may be on to somethign with the Neuofen - check this shit out:
excellente
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 AM

wot a fuckin disgrace neilly boyy your fucked
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapsy Pa View Post
How did he get her number?
She probably gave it to him as she was cleaning her face on the flight..........

FFS, mockery.

Did the law or somebody in Aer Lingus pass it on to him?

This is getting worse by the second for poor Neil_Y.

The biter bitten.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Senior PROC Member

Thank God I've never eaten in the Boardwank.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyscoby View Post
If he gets put on the sex offenders register no more trips to the US........
I'd say the americans would be gutted.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM

He'll probably try blame it on a foreign national

If he was that drunk he would'nt have been allowed on the flight in the first place, so how long was the flight ? he must have drank a fair amount in a short time. Also, it wasnt some guy just trying to crack onto a woman on a plane, it was a man trying to crack one out.

its far more sinister, imagine a man on a plane staring at you and having a tug, far more depraved, i feel sorry for his family but he has to face the music now, tough shit. "i was on neurofen" my arse

I thought he was much older than 49.

Oh, the wanking?

Yeah, tis awful, Joe, terrible altogether.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Senior PROC Member

Defo gonna be listening to 96fm this morning via internet lol

Thats just to bloody funny