Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Senior PROC Member

Point being that after 6 pages of it here - nothing will still be done about it. Kerryman walked up to me this morning and when I put it to him said, "I thought ye'd be over yer sour grapes by now".
Old 19-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr m View Post
You can pretty much take it as fact that if he had been sent off that there wouldn't have been much talk in his book about giving galvin the nod and his plan to lay down a marker. It was incredible irresponsible of him to take such action that could have quite easily left Kerry with 14 men for pretty much the full game. He's basically boasting that he's an reckless idiot.

He starting to come across as someone who's in love with himself.
It was a gamble but it payed off, It would be very unlikely the ref was going to send off kennely in the first minute. If Galvin did it different story. This sort of thing goes on all the time in the GAA and sport in general. Im pretty sure none of the Cork footballers will be crying foul, They will learn from this and im pretty sure kennely wont be looking forward to his next game against Cork. Imagine if that was against Tyrone or Armagh he would not have made it to half time! Cork need a harder edge if they are to win next year.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr m View Post
You can pretty much take it as fact that if he had been sent off that there wouldn't have been much talk in his book about giving galvin the nod and his plan to lay down a marker. It was incredible irresponsible of him to take such action that could have quite easily left Kerry with 14 men for pretty much the full game. He's basically boasting that he's an reckless idiot.

He starting to come across as someone who's in love with himself.

Total fucking media whore.

Must be very annoying for him that Donal Og's book is serialised the same day.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
It was a gamble but it payed off, It would be very unlikely the ref was going to send off kennely in the first minute. If Galvin did it different story. This sort of thing goes on all the time in the GAA and sport in general. Im pretty sure none of the Cork footballers will be crying foul, They will learn from this and im pretty sure kennely wont be looking forward to his next game against Cork. Imagine if that was against Tyrone or Armagh he would not have made it to half time! Cork need a harder edge if they are to win next year.

But imagine if Francie Bellew, or Ryan Mcmenamin had said this.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Lads I think the bigger picture here is Kenneally position within the Kerry County Board.He is employed by Kerry County Board as a Development Coach. Going around to clubs and schools in the county promoting and coaching GAA. What a fine role model he is for all the kids. What a fine ambassor for the GAA!
Old 19-10-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Point being that after 6 pages of it here - nothing will still be done about it. Kerryman walked up to me this morning and when I put it to him said, "I thought ye'd be over yer sour grapes by now".
I put it to a Kerry man this morning also and his response to me was “well at least he’s (Tadgh) not Gay”
Old 19-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
But imagine if Francie Bellew, or Ryan Mcmenamin had said this.
I dont think anyone would have been suprised if they said that. Now they might have gotten into to more trouble alright. Im just saying it happens all over the country so singling one guy out just because he admits it is not right.
He will get his punishment next time Kerry play Cork
Old 19-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
I dont think anyone would have been suprised if they said that. Now they might have gotten into to more trouble alright. Im just saying it happens all over the country so singling one guy out just because he admits it is not right.
He will get his punishment next time Kerry play Cork
But thats not punishment, he'll still have his AI medal in his back pocket.

The fact of the matter is that Kerry get away with more than their fair share of this type of thuggery and the amazing thing is that you have the likes of so called experts still exemplifying them as proponents of beautiful football. They are as dirty, of not dirtier, than any team out there and they've now adopted the style that Tyrone were playing in the last number of years yet it was puke football when Tyrone played.

The only reason this matters is that the inferior referees, that the GAA insist on appointing for the big games, take Kerry's "good" name into account when making on the spot decisions... This in turn gives the animals an unfair advantage...
Old 19-10-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monty View Post
But thats not punishment, he'll still have his AI medal in his back pocket.

The fact of the matter is that Kerry get away with more than their fair share of this type of thuggery and the amazing thing is that you have the likes of so called experts still exemplifying them as proponents of beautiful football. They are as dirty, of not dirtier, than any team out there and they've now adopted the style that Tyrone were playing in the last number of years yet it was puke football when Tyrone played.

The only reason this matters is that the inferior referees, that the GAA insist on appointing for the big games, take Kerry's "good" name into account when making on the spot decisions... This in turn gives the animals an unfair advantage...
A lot of sour grapes around here.
Old 19-10-2009, 02:33 PM

What gets me is that the CCCC (or whatever its called) looked at it and decided not to ask the referee to review the incident. If this committee can’t hold a consistent disciplinary line then what hope have we for referees who are making split second decisions in high pressure environments.

If right was right Kennelly should be red carded in retrospect and the have the corresponding disciplinary sanctions imposed on him. In light of his public comments he should also be sanctioned for “bringing the game into disrepute”.

But I won’t hold my breath.

To be honest retribution on the field of play during the early rounds of league next year will be scant consolation as he is the one with an AI medal in his back pocket. The way to put this one right is to stuff Kerry in the latter stages of next years AI series (hopefully we’ll get the opportunity) and go on to finally bring Sam home.