Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Why isn't this all over RTE? Nah they'd prefer to talk about Donal Og's (big surprise/shock) coming out...

As modern and all as we seem to be as a country and despite all the progress we seem to be making, some things never change and RTE are certainly at the heart of all that...
Old 19-10-2009, 11:02 AM

Lads, you never know what way the Sunday Indo spun it. For all you ranters in this thread, The Sunday Indo (rag that it is) convieniently left out the very next paragraph: (this is from the book, rather than opinion)

'Cop that. It’s different this time, boys.
He went down hard and referee Marty Duffy immediately blew his whistle. Cork got the free but I’d got my man. While I hadn’t wanted to come in and seriously injure anyone, I was determined to make a statement and I think I achieved just that.'

So while he went out to put down a 'marker' as his dad did every Summer for his career, Tadhg went out to put in a tough hard tackle, but it was not premeditated to injure anyone. Spin spin spin from the Sindo.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragglesalive View Post
Lads, you never know what way the Sunday Indo spun it. For all you ranters in this thread, The Sunday Indo (rag that it is) convieniently left out the very next paragraph: (this is from the book, rather than opinion)

He went down hard and referee Marty Duffy immediately blew his whistle. Cork got the free but I’d got my man. While I hadn’t wanted to come in and seriously injure anyone, I was determined to make a statement and I think I achieved just that.'

So while he went out to put down a 'marker' as his dad did every Summer for his career, Tadhg went out to put in a tough hard tackle, but it was not premeditated to injure anyone. Spin spin spin from the Sindo.
That's says it all. Doesn't matter the injury he could have inflicted as long as Cork got the message.

Hopefully a Cork player will reply in kind during the league game and just turn after and repeat kenneally' bullshit "i'm laying down a marker"

48-0
Old 19-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Kennelly needs to be carried off that pitch.

I'd go so far as to bring in some mullocker just for that reason.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPwn View Post
Kennelly needs to be carried off that pitch.

I'd go so far as to bring in some mullocker just for that reason.
I volunteer the Nemo boy trying to injure me last night down there.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragglesalive View Post

Was there not a quote earlier that he said he connected perfectly with the chin? Now to premeditate an attack with your elbow on someone else's chin and say you didn't want to injure someone is contradictory.

But as Roy would say, he's a "Nice Guy"...

Of course, the point that should be stressed here is that he is employed as a GAA coach and he's openly admitting to premeditating this sort of thuggery. Where on earth is the association going if they sit back and let this go...
Old 19-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes View Post
I volunteer the Nemo boy trying to injure me last night down there.
People tend not to like dole cheats. The word is out.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyer On Fire View Post
Kenneally's spinning it nicely himself. He smashed Nicholas from behind into the jaw and left him on the floor.

The move was premeditated. Ergo, he should be banned for life. From Ireland as well as the GAA.
A little ott peut etre.

1. Fair fucks to Kennelly for laying down the law and getting away with shit which goes on in every GAA match played. Thats the nature of the game he plays and the rules are there to be taken advantage of.

2. Boasting about it afterwords probably wasn't a great idea.

Lucky for him that it wasnt Kola Kubes that he hit tho. that fucker wudda went ape-shit.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:00 PM

You can pretty much take it as fact that if he had been sent off that there wouldn't have been much talk in his book about giving galvin the nod and his plan to lay down a marker. It was incredible irresponsible of him to take such action that could have quite easily left Kerry with 14 men for pretty much the full game. He's basically boasting that he's an reckless idiot.

He starting to come across as someone who's in love with himself.
Old 19-10-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPwn View Post
People tend not to like dole cheats. The word is out.
Vigilante justice.

I'd better round me up a posse myself.